Mens Tennis Forums banner

Where will 2015 stand if Nole wins RG?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Djoker wins the FO, where would that put his year? He would have the AO and FO double, 4 masters (including the first 3 of the year, a feat no one else has achieved) and has bagelled opponents left and right :worship:

Thoughts?

·
Mammoths
4,710 Posts
*shrugs*

It's just half a year. Obviously, even if his season stopped there it would be a great season, though probably not top ten in the Open Era.

Things get real exciting if Djokovic wins RG, and you know why... and so does Rod Laver. ;)

·
Banned
858 Posts
Dunno, but he always will be number two at wall of Jowilly's room in mommy's basement. Because number one is muscular Bull from Mallorca, who broken OP's heart :sad:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dunno, but he always will be number two at wall of Jowilly's room in mommy's basement. Because number one is muscular Bull from Mallorca, who broken OP's heart :sad:
Original trolling.

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
RG is totally in Nole's pocket. Who can stop him there? Nadal? When Nole plays at least at 75% of his abilities he always owns Nadal. 50% Nole easily pushes Nadal to 5 sets at RG-13 while 25% Djoko is guaranteed to get 1 set like at RG-12/14. Djokovic showed USO-11 returns and forehands in Rome-15 final, he's unbeatable in this form.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Best 2 slam season on the strength of half a year, provided he is somewhat consistent in 2nd half. Can't ask for more than that on the basis of a perfect half season.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
As it stands, Djokovic needs 2 more slams and 2 more masters titles to surpass his 2011 season, in terms of (big) tournaments won. Given that he is already at 4 masters, it seems very likely that he could get to at least 6, especially if you include the WTF in that group. The harder task is getting 2 more slams, but assuming he wins RG then only one more is required. In that case it would undoubtedly be the greatest season of all time.

Hypothetically though, if he were to win RG but nothing else after, it would still be a great season but not among the very best, obviously.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
As it stands, Djokovic needs 2 more slams and 2 more masters titles to surpass his 2011 season, in terms of (big) tournaments won. Given that he is already at 4 masters, it seems very likely that he could get to at least 6, especially if you include the WTF in that group. The harder task is getting 2 more slams, but assuming he wins RG then only one more is required. In that case it would undoubtedly be the greatest season of all time.

Hypothetically though, if he were to win RG but nothing else after, it would still be a great season but not among the very best, obviously.
If he were to win the FO. His confidence would be sky high. Couple that with his great form. And I seriously would start to think the GRANDSLAM IS ON. There is only one player right now capable of even challenging Djokovic in this form. And that's Murray at his BEST. I highlight best because no one ever knows which version we are going to see.

Nadal is spent. FEDERER has lost a step and his forehand is gone. The rest are second rate wannabes. So if Murray doesn't bring his best at one of the slams. The GRANDSLAM IS ON. And that will put Djokovic in GOATVILLE. Before the years even out.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
If he could win any two more slams this year, this would be a top 5 all time year. Yes, the FO would be the first choice, but I am sure Novak would be thrilled to win Wimbledon and USO again.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
If he could win any two more slams this year, this would be a top 5 all time year. Yes, the FO would be the first choice, but I am sure Novak would be thrilled to win Wimbledon and USO again.
I think Novak's preferences are:

1. FO
1.5. Wimbledon (it's very close)
3. USO

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Voted: A great year, but with some years superior to it

It's not the greatest 2 slam season ever: Mcenroe (82-3) 1984 and Federer's 2005 (81-4) say hi :wavey::wavey: Djokovic has already lost twice, and assuming he finishes with 2 slams, he will have at least 4 losses and probably more. He also won't play the number of matches the other have.

You could even argue it's not a top 10 season all time if he only ends with 2 slams and doesn't do well enough in the other tournaments. Laver's 2 grand slams, Federer's 3 seasons with 3+ slams, Wilander's 1988 (3 slams), Connor's 1974 (3 slams), Nadal 2010 (3 slams), Novak's 2011 (3 slams), Mcenroe 1984 and Federer 2005. That's top 11 seasons of all time right now, and if Djokovic wins the FO and doesn't play another match i think his season is #12. Tell me which season you would take out. And 3 slams >>> 2 slams, so even Wilander's 1988 is superior.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
*shrugs*

It's just half a year. Obviously, even if his season stopped there it would be a great season, though probably not top ten in the Open Era.

Things get real exciting if Djokovic wins RG, and you know why... and so does Rod Laver. ;)
Yeah... exactly. Nole is having a great year but what is up with these over the top threads lately ... I hope he wins FO but to be honest, MTF is better off if he doesn't. The quality of threads on this site has gone to crap as we get closer to the French Open. Maybe people are just nervous for Nole... to them, I say, he is the firm favorite. Regardless of how he does the rest of the year, he is clearly gunning for FO this year. But can he win Wimbledon again with Murray and other players strong on that surface? We will see.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Voted: A great year, but with some years superior to it

It's not the greatest 2 slam season ever: Mcenroe (82-3) 1984 and Federer's 2005 (81-4) say hi :wavey::wavey: Djokovic has already lost twice, and assuming he finishes with 2 slams, he will have at least 4 losses and probably more. He also won't play the number of matches the other have.

You could even argue it's not a top 10 season all time if he only ends with 2 slams and doesn't do well enough in the other tournaments. Laver's 2 grand slams, Federer's 3 seasons with 3+ slams, Wilander's 1988 (3 slams), Connor's 1974 (3 slams), Nadal 2010 (3 slams), Novak's 2011 (3 slams), Mcenroe 1984 and Federer 2005. That's top 11 seasons of all time right now, and if Djokovic wins the FO and doesn't play another match i think his season is #12. Tell me which season you would take out. And 3 slams >>> 2 slams, so even Wilander's 1988 is superior.
Nadal 2010 only beat 6 top 10 players to win the 3 slams and 3 masters he won. With that pathetic field, Djoker playing his worst tennis and Fed injured and him left with players like Youzhny and Melzer in semi finals, the fact he only won that amount is pathetic. Fed and Djoker wouldn't have lost a match. It's his best year, but certainly not a top 10 year. There is a reason people have called it a fluke. Djoker has already beaten way more top 10 players, handed out bagels left and right etc.

If Djoker does win RG, hopefully he will go on to win Wimbledon or the U.S. open as well. I think he will lose at RG anyway and hopefully he won't implode after that for the rest of the slams.

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts
RG is totally in Nole's pocket. Who can stop him there? Nadal? When Nole plays at least at 75% of his abilities he always owns Nadal. 50% Nole easily pushes Nadal to 5 sets at RG-13 while 25% Djoko is guaranteed to get 1 set like at RG-12/14. Djokovic showed USO-11 returns and forehands in Rome-15 final, he's unbeatable in this form.
That's such gems that make any tennis fan root for Nadal to clinch the French Open.

Djokomonkeys are really unbearable lately...

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Nadal 2010 only beat 6 top 10 players to win the 3 slams and 3 masters he won. With that pathetic field, Djoker playing his worst tennis and Fed injured and him left with players like Youzhny and Melzer in semi finals, the fact he only won that amount is pathetic. Fed and Djoker wouldn't have lost a match. It's his best year, but certainly not a top 10 year. There is a reason people have called it a fluke. Djoker has already beaten way more top 10 players, handed out bagels left and right etc.

If Djoker does win RG, hopefully he will go on to win Wimbledon or the U.S. open as well. I think he will lose at RG anyway and hopefully he won't implode after that for the rest of the slams.

If Fed had these top 10 players right now when he was younger he will win all GS at least three years in a row. I do not know where you see really good top ten players right now. Ferrer,Berdych,Nishikori,Raonic ???? All those players have not won a MS 1000 . Well Ferrer won one 3 years ago and Berdych 300 years ago. When Berdych played 5 setter match vs Djokovic,Murray or Nadal?! I do not like to talk about Ferrer,Raonic or Nishikori. I know the game needs younger players as soon as possible who could challenge top players regularly not once in a year. It is funny that Berdych has not got a title since last year and he is #4. Roddick at least had more GS' finals and MS. Davydenko as well,Nalbandian was a great player, Del Potro was a great player.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If Novak wins it, I'd be happy that finally a player I cheer for has won tournament I love the most(since both Edberg and Corretja failed to do so). I really do not care how would that look in grand scheme of things.

·
Registered
645 Posts
If Fed had these top 10 players right now when he was younger he will win all GS at least three years in a row. I do not know where you see really good top ten players right now. Ferrer,Berdych,Nishikori,Raonic ???? All those players have not won a MS 1000 . Well Ferrer won one 3 years ago and Berdych 300 years ago. When Berdych played 5 setter match vs Djokovic,Murray or Nadal?! I do not like to talk about Ferrer,Raonic or Nishikori. I know the game needs younger players as soon as possible who could challenge top players regularly not once in a year. It is funny that Berdych has not got a title since last year and he is #4. Roddick at least had more GS' finals and MS. Davydenko as well,Nalbandian was a great player, Del Potro was a great player.
OK, so Federer would win all GS tournament three years in a row if he had this Murray and this Djokovic to compete against? So, between 2004 and 2007 he won it all but RG, and he failed to win RG because he had to play against Roddick? Are you drunk or high or both?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts