Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will his fans finally give up on the idea of him beating Rafa at the French? Let's face it, many of us are expecting him to beat Rafa in the final. If he reaches the final and fails, it seems that is just one too many tries against Rafa at the French. Will he ever beat Rafa at FO if he fails to do it this year?

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Novak will beat Rafa at the French multiple times even if he loses this time.
But based on what? Admit it... this is his best chance if he does not lose to Gulbis like he did that year against Roger. Rafa has not played well all year... Nole playing much better this year on clay than last year.

·
Registered
424 Posts
He won't.

In the weirdest case that he loses to Gulbis, or Nadal loses to Murray, yes he might have another chance.
They both will decline, but Nadal will decline faster as seen this year.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I think so, but you never know. Everyone thought last year would be his best chance and now this year he may even have a better chance. but if he doesn't beat him this year I think we can all say it will never happen and i'm usually very optimistic

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think so, but you never know. Everyone thought last year would be his best chance and now this year he may even have a better chance. but if he doesn't beat him this year I think we can all say it will never happen and i'm usually very optimistic
The only way I say it might is if he loses to Gulbis... If he loses to Rafa again ... then it's tough to see how it can happen after he becomes a dad and marriage

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
He won't.

In the weirdest case that he loses to Gulbis, or Nadal loses to Murray, yes he might have another chance.
They both will decline, but Nadal will decline faster as seen this year.
Yea..he is declining REALLY FAST..
Come on guys what the hell? sometimes i really wonder if you guys watch tennis and make your own assumptions..
Nadal is like only loosing to Djokovic, and just ripping apart any "new hotshot" "rutined ferrer" ..
Its obvious that nadal will dominate most of the tour untill his 30th birthday same goes for djokovic.. atleast 2-3 years of Nadole domination.
Why? Because these guys have the bodies of young 20 year olds still.. they move faster they strike harder they endure more.
Nadole will also be a GS threat all the way to like 33-34 years of age by the looks of it all.

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Will his fans finally give up on the idea of him beating Rafa at the French? Let's face it, many of us are expecting him to beat Rafa in the final. If he reaches the final and fails, it seems that is just one too many tries against Rafa at the French. Will he ever beat Rafa at FO if he fails to do it this year?
As long as they are both still playing there's a chance :shrug: People used to say the same thing for beating Rafa on clay and so on. Certainly not the end of the world if he fails.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
His final redemption this year. But the chance is still only about 40%. If he doesn't win this year, Nadal will cakewalk to the titles for the next couples years

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Just about. Everything has lined up perfectly for him this year, the draw, Nadal's form etc... I think this is the moment for him and he'll seize it, but if he doesn't and the pressure is too great I'd bet against him ever winning here.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Just about. Everything has lined up perfectly for him this year, the draw, Nadal's form etc... I think this is the moment for him and he'll seize it, but if he doesn't and the pressure is too great I'd bet against him ever winning here.
what if Gulbis takes him to fifth set?
He will then have a major disadvantage in the final

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
anti-jinxing? This is his year :cool:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Murray could also take Nadal to fifth set, such things are to be expected even in early rounds, let alone SF
Nadal will routine Murray, whose girly forehand has little threat to Nadal

·
Premium Member
21,076 Posts
Nadal will routine Murray, whose girly forehand has little threat to Nadal
Likely, but I wouldn't bet my house on that. Murray has already (sort of) over-achieved here, so he has nothing to lose in the SF, and could be very tricky. For all the flack he gets on clay, I was still glad he's not in Nole's half :p

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
After last year, I'll never stop believing he can beat Dull in RG. If it wasn't for the net touch, he would have won it. Assuming Dull declines faster than Djokovic, then he will have even more chances, assuming they meet each other.

Something about Dull's cosmic luck that brings the worst in his opponents, e.g. chokes from Djokovic (net touch, USO'13), Ferrer giving up, etc.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
IF nole fails to win RG this year, then Slade, Jowilly and other weak era clows will have another free year more to cry over how lucky rafa is. Well they are already crying loudly over their pathetic wishes. :lol:

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
The draw :haha:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts