Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beating Federer and Nadal in back to back Masters is quite remarkable. He will finally live up to his potential.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
im not sure about this mr.cnn. the federer nalbandian will face at the AO will be a little extra inspired i think.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Beating Federer and Nadal in back to back Masters is quite remarkable. He will finally live up to his potential.
If Nalby manages to get that done tomorrow (uh - let's just WAIT for that, eh?) - he surely made his mark, that much is true. Already beat Roger TWICE, and Raf & Djoko as well - no little feat I must admit.
But eh... let's wait for tomorrow's result, okay? ;)

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
If Nalbandian beats Nadal tomorrow he will capture the bandwagon player of the month award.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
If Nalbandian beats Nadal tomorrow he will capture the bandwagon player of the month award.
Obviously. And well-deserved I might add.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Of the year, probably.
until he gets posts proclaiming his 10 years of domination, nole still leads that by a long way.

the serbian junta is taking over MTF. Can you not see it? :lol:

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
until he gets posts proclaiming his 10 years of domination, nole still leads that by a long way.

The thing is that nalbo doesn't have 10 years of career ahead of him, so i think that he will me a more appropiate bandwagoner of the year if he beats nadal tomorrow :p :rolls:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Safin did it in 2004 ( Madrid & Paris) and then he won in Melbourne in 2005
Yeah, that would be deja-vu. I think it's probably a little early to talk about it.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts

Agree, Nole is my nominee for bandwagon player of the year.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Don't worry there will be a vote on bandwagon player of the year.

·
Registered
548 Posts
i didn't know paris ams final was the de facto final of Oz lol.

certainly dave is the playing very well at the moment though.

·
Banned
73 Posts
I think that he has a good chance if he keeps this level up, a few years ago he was looking good for a title contender until he ran into Fed in about round four I think. He had won Kooyong, schooling Agassi and playing superb tennis (of course an exhibition is only a mere indicator of performance, but the signs were good) and then he ripped through the early rounds at AO, destroying everyone. I only fear that he will put so much pressure on himself and also have a lot put on him by press etc, and as usual fall at the semi finals or similar rounds. He always had the potential to beat Fed with ease like no other player (including Nadal) so he always has a shot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts