Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in your thoughts here... I'm sure most will reply with a resounding no but I'm curious what Mardy could have done if he had been in the same condition at age 22-23 that he is at 29. Even though his forehand is lacking, I think he has a very interesting game that can give almost anyone problems when he is clicking.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Absolutely. Too good in finals

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
:rolleyes: Fish is an overrated clown with limited talent. He wouldn't win a slam on WTA tour against Dinara Safina.

G

·
obviously he would've been a better player, how much so we won't ever know. but the better question is, why wasn't he in shape? he's a professional athlete, it should be a prerequisite.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
obviously he would've been a better player, how much so we won't ever know. but the better question is, why wasn't he in shape? he's a professional athlete, it should be a prerequisite.
I agree with you- he has to have a lot of regrets about that.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Absolutely. he may win two or three slams, or even more. and of course gets more exciting

by now it's little too late

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Absolutely. he may win two or three slams, or even more. and of course gets more exciting

by now it's little too late

You're saying he would have won 2 or 3 Slams had he been in shape... are you pulling my leg or being serious? I'm guessing the former.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
He could have won one in 2003 or 2004 maybe. I don't think he would have ever gotten past JesusFed in a Slam.
who knows?

all we can do is... Just guess?

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
He could have won one in 2003 or 2004 maybe. I don't think he would have ever gotten past JesusFed in a Slam.
Fish beating Olderer in a slam is a preposterous notion. A guy without a slam semi to his name is suddenly a slam winner? Please. I swear these forums are starting to turn insane.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fish beating Olderer in a slam is a preposterous notion. A guy without a slam semi to his name is suddenly a slam winner? Please. I swear these forums are starting to turn insane.

You do have a good point topspin- you just made me laugh out loud. I knew I would get abused but I had to ask the question.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
He doesn't use power in his forehands, not often. He relies on solid returning and accuracy. But unlike Roddick, he tries to put his opponents off balance.

Problems: too much pushing i.e. Andy Murray style, occasional unforced errors on important points, not enough power on most points.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
He doesn't use power in his forehands, not often. He relies on solid returning and accuracy. But unlike Roddick, he tries to put his opponents off balance.

Problems: too much pushing i.e. Andy Murray style, occasional unforced errors on important points, not enough power on most points.
Fish just isn't as good of a player as Murray in pretty much anyway. He would have beat Roddick in 2003 at the US Open though, if was fit and played like this.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Fish just isn't as good of a player as Murray in pretty much anyway. He would have beat Roddick in 2003 at the US Open though, if was fit and played like this.
Well yeah. Murray's accuracy is much higher. Murray's defense/footwork is another reason as well.

Fish's serve is better IMHO, that's the only thing he's got on him.

However, both players need to make use of transforming their forehands into weapons.

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
You don't know what you're talking about. Peak Monoduck destroys Fish with ease. Same goes for Mugray as well.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
If you said that you really don't know how good Andy Roddick was in 2003 USOPEN

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Good enough talent. Perhaps pressured by the Great American Tennis legacy? Another one on those lines. Roddick,Fish,Blake . List just goes on and on.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
He had a love affair with pizza. Who could regret that?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts