Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
Let us just hope that Thiem gets into Nadal's half to makes things more interesting.

Thiem - Djokovic destroy each other too much and the winner would be Nadal once again. Same boring outcome.

·
justice for all
14,551 Posts
This year’s RG (if it happens) will be so much different than before... the timing changes everything. Different lead-up, weather, preparation... we may see many surprises including the big names losing early. One thing stays unchanged: Nadal remains the biggest favourite until proven wrong. I know there are many Djokovic and Nadal fans but what tennis needs badly is a new slam winner. Certainly I hope for Dominic to do it but whoever other than Nadal or Djokovic does it I’ll be glad. And I just hope that if it happenes and we see a new winner no one will say it’s asterisked (I’m deluded I know).

On topic: to get the unbiased answer to the OP's question we should ask non-Djokovic and non-Thiem fans.

·
Banned
693 Posts
At this point - it doesn't really matter. I'll be surprised if Rafa actually plays RG. If Novak confirms his schedule and RG (pretty sure he will) - Rafa will probably drop out.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
He's not going to drop out, but Novak will put an end to him there. The weather will also probably be much colder and the ball will be less bouncy. Advantage Novak.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The question in the poll is who is likelier to defeat Rafa at RG, but the OP also gives us the current odds to get the title. Winning the title is a somewhat different matter, though. Thiem is slightly likelier to beat Rafa, as far as I'm concerned, but Djokovic has a higher chance to get the title. The difference is the seeding, obviously. As people have already hinted, if Thiem defeats Rafa in a heroic 4 hour (or more) semifinal, chances are that Djokovic, getting a tired Thiem for the final, will be the main beneficiary. Similarly, Thiem beating Nole in a tough semi will make it easier for Rafa in the final. Either way, unless someone makes a major upset, Domi has been handed the short stick, as he will have to beat two ATG:s successively to get the title.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Thiem can't match Dull at RG. Only the Serb can save us if he brings his best but sadly his best on clay is probably already past him.
He can, but he must be fresher than Nadal, not neccessarily as much fresher as Nadal was the last RG, but he must have a bit more energy for the 4th & 5th set than Nadal to stand a real chance.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
You just won the semis and the test just came back: Covid-19 positive. What would the organization do in that case for the final?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts