Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw this commercial during CSI. Andy goes to sleep while some other actor playing his "mojo" steals his cowboy hat and goes partying in NYC. Next day, Andy can't find his mojo to practice on the court.

At first, I thought Andy was promoting some sleep medication, lol. Anyway, the guy playing his "mojo" comes off as gay hustler even though he has all these girls screaming and running with him in the streets (or maybe because of them).

This feeling is componded when I click to the American Express site where I'm asked "Have you seen Andy's mojo?" and his figure shows up in a white cowboy hat, in a stance like John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever.

What do you think of the ad? Here's the link

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
Re: If I were Andy, I'm not sure if I'd be happy with AE "Mojo" commercial...

That ad is ultra corny. I am surprised Andy agreed to it. He probably has a contract with AE to do commercials without his input in it. The airline commerical was a lot better.

PS: His mojo does look ***.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

I thought it was a boring comercial, but the Mojo didn't strike me as gay. I just thought that they should have featured Andy more instead of giving most of the action to that actor. If they bother to hire Andy they should feature Andy.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts

just watched it...wow

hey is that why he's been losing some matchs lately and cant win a big tourny?

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

I think you're overreacting!

American Express commercials during the US Open make my life worth living. Love 'em.

·
Not a Registered User
30,181 Posts

Leo said:
I think you're overreacting!

American Express commercials during the US Open make my life worth living. Love 'em.
U must have a sad life then ;)

·
Registered
26,225 Posts

RDucky said:
U must have a sad life then ;)
That depends on your perspective! I find my life to be jolly.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts

what is this stuff?

·
Registered
15,414 Posts

PamV said:
I thought it was a boring comercial, but the Mojo didn't strike me as gay. I just thought that they should have featured Andy more instead of giving most of the action to that actor. If they bother to hire Andy they should feature Andy.
:yeah: I also think that Andy wasn't that much in the comercial ... actually it is just like 10 seconds of Andy ...

·
Registered
3,591 Posts

what about the Andy LEXUS ad, "driving to the US Open..." Who was the woman in the car with him trying to teach him stuff, like how to roar!!! Did you see that one?

·
Registered
14,052 Posts

avocadoe said:
what about the Andy LEXUS ad, "driving to the US Open..." Who was the woman in the car with him trying to teach him stuff, like how to roar!!! Did you see that one?

best thing- the car,
best thing- andy.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts

avocadoe said:
I like those LEXUS commercials. There are two different women in different ones. Actually the woman have bigger parts in the commercials but they are very funny and although Andy doesn't get to say much he does his line with the right subtleness to make it fit perfectly and that's funny too.

Those seem better than the Mojo commerical where Andy is acting kind of dead. The funniest part in that commerical was when he asked Fish if you ever have a day when nothing works and Fish says no. (Too bad Federer couldn't have been in there in place of Fish.....because then the line would made sense.)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts