Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where does he rank among one slam winners like Wawrinka, Del Po, ... If he beats Rafa to do it, would you put him over those 2?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I may even consider putting him ahead of Djokovic as the contender for the next several slams. Djokovic is becoming the Caroline Wozniacki of ATP.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
He's not gonna win the French, although I would love to be proved wrong.

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
If he does it by beating Federer/Djokovic/Nadal all in a row, he is way better than Del Potro and Wawrinka, who only beat 2 en route

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may even consider putting him ahead of Djokovic as the contender for the next several slams. Djokovic is becoming the Caroline Wozniacki of ATP.
Calm down homie. Even if he wins here, he is not going to continue winning. Compare him to a 1 slam winner not a guy who has 6

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Calm down homie. Even if he wins here, he is not going to continue winning. Compare him to a 1 slam winner not a guy who has 6
At least he has a slam if he wins(1/5), unlike Djokovic who is 0/5 in the past 5 slams

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Never going to happen.

BUT if he wins the French beating Federer, Djokovic and Rafa, he's automatically one of the greatest player ever, let alone Wawrinka and del Potro.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If we're comparing the tournament itself, it would be above those 2 and above most slam wins of any player in that respect. If we're comparing the careers to date of the players at the time then it would be behind Del Potro and then Wawrinka.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never going to happen.

BUT he he wins the French beating Federer, Djokovic and Rafa, he's automatically one of the greatest player ever, let alone Wawrinka and del Potro.
Nah. He'd still be a one slam wonder. If he backs it up, then I'll agree. I am not saying it will happen ... Nole should wear him down, but stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
If he pulled it off by beating Djokovic and Dull (which he obviously will not) it would definitely rank ahead of Wawrinka's and Del Potro's Slams.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
If he wins RG this year he'll be below both Potro and Wawrinka due to them having better careers overall. Ferrero, Roddick and Moya are obviously miles above him. I'd put him above Gaudio by a good margin. Not entirely sure about other one slam wonders though...

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If he wins RG this year he'll be below both Potro and Wawrinka due to them having better careers overall. Ferrero, Roddick and Moya are obviously miles above him. I'd put him above Gaudio by a good margin. Not entirely sure about other one slam wonders though...
Thomas Johanson? :)

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Thomas Johanson? :)
I was thinking about him actually. I'd put him above Gulbis, around the same area as Wawrinka and Potro except maybe on a lower pedestal.

Looking at their general results (titles, masters/slams results, ranking), my hierarchy of one slam players since 1980 would be something like this:

Muster
Roddick
-----
Chang
Ivanisevic
-----
Stich
Krajicek
-----
Gomes
Noah
-----
Ferrero
Moya
Korda
-----
Del Potro
Cash
Wawrinka
Costa
-----
Teacher
Johansson
-----
Gulbis (if he won RG this year)
-----
Gaudio

This is a very rough idea of what I think though. I'd have to look more closely at their overall results to make a better list.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This board is full of hysterics. Gulbis did well to beat the corpse of Federer and the clown Berdych. That doesn't mean he has a hope in hell of winning this Slam or any other in the future. This is is the high point of his career.
You are no fun. I am not saying he will win. I have Nole in 4. But we are bored, the match was not today, and we need to talk about something. It's either this or silly threads by Blueclay about women and things like that.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts