Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are players with such an incredible ammount of skill and are hurt by their choking, obviously the first one that comes to mind is Safin but lets say god ended choking, obviously guys like Baghdatis and Safin would be way higher, Roddick would also be a menace while guys like Davidenko in my opinion wouldn't be that high because the reason why they do so good is because they are consistent, not exactly special in any way.

I think number 1 and 2 would be the same, Roger and Rafa but Safin would be fighting for that second spot with rafa and also the distance from #1 and #2 would be very close.

·
Registered
407 Posts
God just can´t eliminate choking. It's a funny force bigger than Himself.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There are players with such an incredible ammount of skill and are hurt by their choking, obviously the first one that comes to mind is Safin but lets say god ended choking, obviously guys like Baghdatis and Safin would be way higher, Roddick would also be a menace while guys like Davidenko in my opinion wouldn't be that high because the reason why they do so good is because they are consistent, not exactly special in any way.

I think number 1 and 2 would be the same, Roger and Rafa but Safin would be fighting for that second spot with rafa and also the distance from #1 and #2 would be very close.
Baggy's problem is not that he chokes, he is just stupid. He's clueless on court. He doesn't know when to step up, when to just keep the ball in play, when to takes something off his 1st serve to keep a higher percentage etc.

Safin just plains sucks, nothing to do with choking. He's happy to give the impression that he doesn't care to dig deep anymore, maybe afraid to find out that his best isn't good enough anymore, still living off his 2005 Federer win, happy to keep the myth that at his best, when he cares-> he is unbeatable.

Davydenko is a MAJOR choker.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Of course, this is based on the assumption that 1. there is a God and 2. that losing a lead in a match is always choking.
True that loosing a lead in a match in not always choking but i saw some MAJOR choke today from a few of the Masters contenders.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Baghdatis chokes occasionally. Yes he did it against Federer but on the whole it is just poor shot selection and that ain't choking.

Safin is not a top 20 player anymore evn if he was mentally strong. He just isn't that good.

Funny thing is, lately Davydenko has been a bigger choker than either of those two and yet he is the guy who won't move up much. Davydenko - choking would have an RG final under his belt this year.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Ironicaly, Safin would then not have won Australian open 2005 where Federer clearly choked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
the weird thing about baghdatis is that his tactical sense and point construction in 06 slams runs was very good.

Dunno what happened to him since then. He played on instinct before and now i guess he cant rely on it anymore. But no question, baghdatis can be clueless.

Davydenko would be ranked higher, so would james flake and roddick would be lower.

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
Mathieu has a fantastic looking game, if only he were mentally more capable.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Federer certainly wouldn't be 1, that's for sure

cause guys like Davy and Djoker (note the Open) and god knows who else wouldn't be terrified of winning a key point against him

in other words, everyone else would play real tennis against him, joining Willy as the only player who does so in reality

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Federer certainly wouldn't be 1, that's for sure

cause guys like Davy and Djoker (note the Open) and god knows who else wouldn't be terrified of winning a key point against him

in other words, everyone else would play real tennis against him, joining Willy as the only player who does so in reality
Number 1? :eek: Federer wouldn't even be in the top ten! That guy clearly sucks. I mean, come on! We all know that he's just a transitional champion with a stable, boring game - nothing special to it, really. Karlovic would be the world number one, because, as we all know, every time Karlovic fails to hit an ace - it's a choke. :wavey:

On a more serious note, if you are serious, your post might be the most stupid one on MTF ever, which is saying a lot with people like Mediter and RFK around...

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Number 1? :eek: Federer wouldn't even be in the top ten! That guy clearly sucks. I mean, come on! We all know that he's just a transitional champion with a stable, boring game - nothing special to it, really. Karlovic would be the world number one, because, as we all know, every time Karlovic fails to hit an ace - it's a choke. :wavey:

On a more serious note, if you are serious, your post might be the most stupid one on MTF ever, which is saying a lot with people like Mediter and RFK around...
dimonator is aware of the prestige of the ACC.

verdasco should be in the top 10. Haas, verdasco and nalbandian would be there.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,503 Posts
Couldn't agree more about Verdasco. He's one of the biggest chokers on tour (if not THE biggest).
Calleri is a bigger one, but Verdasco is special in that regard.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts

What a question???

1 - 20 of 44 Posts