Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will he still play the exhibition vs. Rafa in South Africa on February 7th??

I would assume he'd be back for Duabi, Indian Wells, and Miami, defending a lot of points there (W,F,W), but I'm concerned about the South African exhibition!!

A lot of people are expecting to see Rogie play Rafa in RSA on February 7th...

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
No one gives a shit about exhibitions. All I care about is if he’s gonna play tomorrow and if the stuff that the tennisgod and some others said concerning his fitness things are not looking too promising sadly

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well of course I care most about whether he plays the rest of the AO or not, Dubai, Indian Wells, and Miami next for now, and least the RSA exhibition, but that being said, I hope he can still play the exhibition against Rafa, I for one am hoping the tennis channel will air that match!!

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NVM, it will air from 1230-330p my time on ESPN2 on February 7th if it does happen, there it is, I hope it still happens, it could be the last time Rogie faces Rafa in an exhibition, who knows??

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't see Rogie skipping the exhibition TBH, it's in RSA, where his mother lived and he has roots there, so I think he'll make every effort to play there, and that being said, he'll make every effort to play Djokovic and win in the SF of the 2020 AO too!!

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Of course he will play exhibition. Skipped the WTF finals back in the day and reappeared in days to play Swiss Davis Cup tie.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Of course he will play exhibition. Skipped the WTF finals back in the day and reappeared in days to play Swiss Davis Cup tie.
Yes, that was in 2014, he withdrew against Djokovic in the WTF finals, bad back I think maybe, and then a few days later appeared in the Davis Cup finals against France, he wanted one Swiss DC title to add to his resume!! He already had 6 WTF titles and was willing to sacrifice that one for the DC title, obviously he wasn't so injured, I think it was more precautionary than anything...

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Lüthi said today that he hopes Roger would feel better tomorrow. That means he is in ruins as expected.
Well I hope it will be played for few reasons: I love big matches, I wouldn't like Novak in the final with no SF played, match rhythm loss is real, and it would be so anticlimatic not to play grandslam SF.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
He already had 6 WTF titles and was willing to sacrifice that one for the DC title, obviously he wasn't so injured, I think it was more precautionary than anything...
How many times do I have to say it? He admitted a couple of months later that he'd been completely unable to run. What did you want him to do, just stand there and let Novak use him for target practice?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Common knowledge is that the exhos, 5th slams and being the most popular are nowadays the most important things in tennis and decisive factors in the GOAT debates.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
No news about this, but yes maybe Federer should have skipped the SF after all, worst is now he will probably not even play the exho we were all expecting lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts