Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
federer express said:
will he ever lose a final again?

(hewitt/roddick could not ask for him to be playing worse)
Dont jinx him, but I have to admit he is playing like shite

·
Registered
425 Posts
Eventually..... but it might take a looong time! Federer is one of a kind, he is definitively going to make history.

The US Open will not be easy though. Too many good players, too many contenders. Still, I see him as the favorite to win.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
mickymouse said:
Roddick and Hewitt aren't playing their best game too
:eek: Have you seen Roger lately

·
Registered
242 Posts
Despite, Roger winning the last 8 meetings against Hewitt...I'm always have the feeling, Hewitt will rise to the occasion one day...It reminds me of the Sampras Agassi rivalry in the 90s, when Sampras was dominating, then in '95, Agassi was arised and began to seriously rival and beat Pete that year...I always sense a similar thing happening with Hewitt

·
Registered
425 Posts
Roger didn't look like the Roger we all know. He was very offish.. but you know, everybody can have a bad day in the office. He still won though, so .. go Roger!

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In_Disguise said:
Despite, Roger winning the last 8 meetings against Hewitt...I'm always have the feeling, Hewitt will rise to the occasion one day...It reminds me of the Sampras Agassi rivalry in the 90s, when Sampras was dominating, then in '95, Agassi was arised and began to seriously rival and beat Pete that year...I always sense a similar thing happening with Hewitt
federer-hewitt is a completely different match-up

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
In_Disguise said:
Yeah right, Hewitt doesn't have any influence on the outcome of his matches against Federer. Mayer if Roger plays really badly (like he did tonight against Ginepri) Hewitt has an outside chance, but really having seen their last 8 meetings you can't see Hewitt standing any kind of chance.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
federer express said:
will he ever lose a final again?

(hewitt/roddick could not ask for him to be playing worse)
Do you remember last year Toronto? I don't know which one is more shit, I mean the semi and actually the whole tourney, but see the final...

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
disturb3d said:
Nadal, Safin, Berdych and Gasquet are all capable of taking him down.
u mean they have all beaten him. doesn't mean they are likely to in a final...with the exception of nadal the rest are struggling to make finals!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I really have to wonder, has Roger ever played worse at a tournament and still made the Final? He is really playing strangely. His footwork is not as sharp as before (I don't know if that's because he's not 100% or he's just being cautious) and his forehand is all awry. OTOH despite losing his serve several times he's been serving well and he's not double faulting a lot. In fact of the matches I've seen of Rog's I can only think of one which was worse: the Montreal SF in 2003 when Roddick beat him. He had tons of errors and tons of DFs.

Personally if Roger's not going to win the Final I would have preferred for Ginepri to beat him. Hewitt and Roddick must never beat Roger again, IMO.

That said, it's amazing that playing as badly as he has been he still made it to the Final in CIncinatti, where prior to 2005 he had a record of 1-4. SOmetimes I don't think people realize that when players improve previous results are likely to improve as well. To think that Roger couldn't make a go here was unfair to him considering he only came into his own in 2003 and has had tough conditions heading into Cincy previously. Yet, after being off for 6 weeks Roger was able to come into this tournament and make the final in total un-Federer fashion.

Good luck in the Final, Roger. Keep that streak going.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The thing is Fed below his best, is still better than most players. He has not had to play a top tenner this week, and that could hurt him. I think Fed will try to raise his level tomorrow and not to mention his head-to-head over both as of late. Roger played this way at Toronto last year, and look at the final he played. AMAZING!! Roger is the best ever!! GO ROG!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
WF4EVER said:
I really have to wonder, has Roger ever played worse at a tournament and still made the Final? He is really playing strangely. His footwork is not as sharp as before (I don't know if that's because he's not 100% or he's just being cautious) and his forehand is all awry. OTOH despite losing his serve several times he's been serving well and he's not double faulting a lot. In fact of the matches I've seen of Rog's I can only think of one which was worse: the Montreal SF in 2003 when Roddick beat him. He had tons of errors and tons of DFs.

Personally if Roger's not going to win the Final I would have preferred for Ginepri to beat him. Hewitt and Roddick must never beat Roger again, IMO.

That said, it's amazing that playing as badly as he has been he still made it to the Final in CIncinatti, where prior to 2005 he had a record of 1-4. SOmetimes I don't think people realize that when players improve previous results are likely to improve as well. To think that Roger couldn't make a go here was unfair to him considering he only came into his own in 2003 and has had tough conditions heading into Cincy previously. Yet, after being off for 6 weeks Roger was able to come into this tournament and make the final in total un-Federer fashion.

Good luck in the Final, Roger. Keep that streak going.
Think about it.... If Roger is sucking ass in this tournament and still make the final, it should tell all of us that the current ATP players suck big time. Why is Roger in the finals when he has played so poorly? Why has no one beaten him? It has to be the quality of the rest of the players. It's just ridiculous that no one came seem to challenge Federer with the exception of Nadal.

ATP players need to step it up and challenge Federer. It's becomming a joke in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts