Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rogie would then have 22 in total, meaning Djokovic would need at least 7 more to surpass Rogie (at 16 now) and Rafa would need at least 4 more to surpass Rogie (at 19 now)!! If and that's a big IF Rogie wins 2 more grand slams I honestly believe that he can put the GS record out of reach!! Why, because I don't see Rafa winning 4 more nor do I see Djokovic winning 7 more...

Now let's say Rogie wins more than 2 more, then it's really looking over...

However, let's look at the other scenarios, Rogie wins 1 more, he finished with 21, then Rafa needs at least 3 more (for 22), that will be tough too and Djokovic will need 6 more (for 22), a big ask as well...

Lastly, if Rogie stays at the 20, Rafa only needs 2 more to surpass, possible, and Djokovic needs 5 more to surpass the 20, some chances, but not going to be easy for him....

Conclusion: Just by staying at 20, Rogie could very well stay ahead of Djokovic or tied with forever but to keep Rafa off of his heels he needs 1-2 or more to cement the most grand slam titles for years and years to come!!

Your thoughts on the matter??

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure Rogie can win 2 more between 2020 AO and 2021 USO, but after that no, because by then he'll be 40!!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rogie has 0 chances of winning any more grand slams after 2021, if he's still playing after that, he won't be winning too many titles anymore period, just some 250s and 500s!!

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Rogie would then have 22 in total, meaning Djokovic would need at least 7 more to surpass Rogie (at 16 now) and Rafa would need at least 4 more to surpass Rogie (at 19 now)!! If and that's a big IF Rogie wins 2 more grand slams I honestly believe that he can put the GS record out of reach!! Why, because I don't see Rafa winning 4 more nor do I see Djokovic winning 7 more...

Now let's say Rogie wins more than 2 more, then it's really looking over...

However, let's look at the other scenarios, Rogie wins 1 more, he finished with 21, then Rafa needs at least 3 more (for 22), that will be tough too and Djokovic will need 6 more (for 22), a big ask as well...

Lastly, if Rogie stays at the 20, Rafa only needs 2 more to surpass, possible, and Djokovic needs 5 more to surpass the 20, some chances, but not going to be easy for him....

Conclusion: Just by staying at 20, Rogie could very well stay ahead of Djokovic or tied with forever but to keep Rafa off of his heels he needs 1-2 or more to cement the most grand slam titles for years and years to come!!

Your thoughts on the matter??
Seek help.

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
There should be an ACC, but instead of users it should be comprised of all of sethie’s threads to determine which is the crown jewel

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I for one am just chomping at the bit for the 2020 AO draw to come out and for the 2020 AO itself to begin on January 20th!! This is assuming of course it begins on time because of the brush fires and smoke...

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
AO-nope. Wimby-maybe.
This year scheduled GS winners: AO- Djokovic, RG- Nadal, Wimbledon- Roger(hope so), USO- Djokovic or Nadal.

No chances. Djokovic will win.
Y‘all gotta stop acting like djokovic is invincible. This slam is very open. All top-10-players except zverev are fit and in-Form. Anyone could beat everyone And I think we’re in for a treat. Federer will be hungry as hell after the last 3 hard court slams took rather unfortunate turns. And he showed how he can play against djokovic. I’m really looking forward to it. always starting the day at 1 pm in the first week will be quite fun again...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
It is too optimistic to assume JesusFed will turn up at the AO for 7 matches in a row and that the final will be in so hot conditions that they close the roof like in 2018.

It is too pessimistic to assume that Nadal's curse at the AO will end at the grand old age of 33, likely it is a career long curse and further misery will statistically await Nadal.

Thus, after AO it will likely be status quo 20-19, maybe with Nole at 17, but his level is also a Joker these days.

·
justice for all
16,245 Posts
Keep it up, seth. I'm sure Nadal and Djokovic fans love your threads.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts