Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I say easily top 10, top 5 perhaps. And I'm not jumping on bandwagon- think kid has incredible talent that just needs rounded out- bad style matchup for a lot of guys too.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Top 10? Most definitely imo.

Top 5? Pretty unlikely, imo. he wouldn't surpass the big four assuming they stay healthy, and an inform Ferrer/Soda/Berdych/Delpo would most likely hold the final #5 spot.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Watch out for the next threads in the series:

If Olivier Rochus were 187 cm tall, how high he could climb?

If Rafa wore size 11 shoes, how that would affect his game?

Gilles Simon's thin legs a real asset: Low mass facilitates running - or not?

Roger Federer, go home! The true ballet in tennis is Čilić's hand-wrist action while bouncing the ball

etc.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Probably past number one...

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
He is a bit short at 180cm to have a real killer serve. Go for too much power and he will have a low percentage. Go for high FS % and he can't go for power in them. Shorter players have a smaller margin of error unless they have really amazing technique. I don't think Dolgos technique is good at all. His ball toss is so low that it doesn't allow him to jump up as high as maybe he could.

Still Dolgo has chosen to go for free points on the serve knowing he will have a low FS %. He can't have both so the IF of this thread isn't even an IF

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
If Dolgopolov improves his first serve how high can he go?

The sky is the limit for Alex. His talent is unreal he just needs to figure out shot selection that is all. Dolgo is definitly on the rise and maybe has a outside shot at the WTF if he gets on fire in the indoor season.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Forget the serve, he needs to get serious and focus much more on winning than just being an entertainer. Then we might see some real results.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
He will make the top 10 definitely at some part of his career. But he's already nearing peak age and with a rapid serve motion he's got which would lead to injuries in his late 20s, I doubt he'll ever make the top 3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts