·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would he be the GOAT?

Double career slam.

Double career Masters.

Djoker slam.

The record for weeks at number one would be a lock.

Winning h2h over Fedal.

Pretty good case I would say 🤷‍♂️

·
justice for all
15,120 Posts
And what if he doesn’t?

Things will look very gloomy for him going forward.

He'll be still stuck at 17 (3 behind) with only 1 slam this year. His last two slams being very fluky, both won in 5 sets, one with choking Fed, the other one only thanks to Dominic's choke in his "used to be" dominant slam. He'll be turning 34 next year. Father time will be catching up with him.

Somebody better tell Nole to hurry up. Because if he doesn't win this RG he'll never get to 20. And he'll never enter the GOAT debate. Someone please tell him this is probably his last chance...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Does it take him to 20?

Without 20 slams, you are not even qualified to enter into GOAT debate. The bar has been set at 20, for now. It can be raised and set higher, in the future. Truth hurts. Sorry, bro.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If he wins the FO,he is one step closer to the GOAT. Still at the end of the day,if his slam numbers cannot pass Rafa or Fed, his GOAT is debatable.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
If Nole wins RG this year, I will take week off from work, and go out drinking and partying the entire week.
I'll tape the important points and match points from each match, store it on USB and tip the bartenders heavily to run them over and over
Cheers 🥃

·
Registered
321 Posts
Would he be the GOAT?
He already is
He already is the GOAT
The answer is a definite and resounding no.

For starters, there is no such thing as the GOAT. The closest thing to that is the player with the most GS titles and that player is Roger Federer, since winning his 15th title at Wimbledon back in 2009. Nadal and Djokovic have been playing catch up all through their careers but Federer is the recorder and has been for the past 11 years.

Djokovic needs at least 4 more GS titles. Until that happens, statements like the quoted ones are nothing but biased fanboyisms.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I think so and deservedly so, but Federer and Nadal will always be a part of his legacy, the big three will be remembered together in their historic achievements.

Reactions: Kilban and INFJ

·
Banned
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think so and deservedly so, but Federer and Nadal will always be a part of his legacy, the big three will be remembered together in their historic achievements.
Kudos for the objectivity and impartiality. And yes I agree the big 3 will always be remembered together and part of each other's legacy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Djokovic needs at least 4 more GS titles. Until that happens, statements like the quoted ones are nothing but biased fanboyisms.
Why at least 4 and biased fanboyism based on what? Is it just because you have different opinion? Tennis is not only GS and djokovic leads in so many other aspects and even the way how they won GS could be taken into account.
I think they are roughly in the same position in the GOAt race right now. Winning French Open would put Djokovic slightly in front IMHO.

·
|
14,955 Posts
IF Djokovic wins the French Open, he'll have finally reached Nadal's level of versatility, multiple slams on clay, grass and hardcourt.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Novak needs this, he needs that bla bla......but the reality is if he does win FO title & holding only Golden Masters & then wins next HC major for that record, it only puts pressure on Fedal to keep pace w/ these Milestones no matter what GS count is.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
18 is bigger than 20 in the mind of a tard, you couldn't make it up lol. Even with Useless Gen, Djefaultic isn't going to reach the target :whistle:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
So Thiem’s “vultured” major counts for little other than maiden slam.
Well at least Thiem earned his by coming through the hardest quarter of the draw and playing the toughest SF.

It's not like Djokovic's vultured Cincinnati (hello Struff, RBA, Raonic!) and Rome (hello Koepfer, Ruud, Schwartzman!) titles.

So Djokovic wins Cincinnati only once before in his long career. And then he gets Struff, RBA and Raonic because of the weakened draw, and all of a sudden he bags another!

And then he goes to Rome and wins the title with the easiest draw in the history of Masters tournaments!

If he wins RG on some fake depleted draw, then it doesn't count, that's for sure. He wins RG once in his career and along comes a pandemic and weakened fields, and there's the vulture hoovering up another fake trophy.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
He already is, but DCGS would make him even more above the rest. He would be the undisputed GOAT then.
Grand Slam total:

RF - 20
RN - 19
ND - 17

Weeks at World No.1:

RF - 310
ND - 287
RN - 209

These are the only numbers that matter and it is clear Federer is still the undisputed GOAT.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I think thats enough threads for you for now, OP..

Have they banned you at TW?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts