1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Yes but I am sure this record is very breakable

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
YES. He would have the most Ao in the open era.

No one cares about pre open era when amateurs were competing.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Greatest of all time 5 GS vs 6GS a rigged GS HomeCrowd linejudges corrupt..player didnt even afford a trip to AO in those times...
See, what you're doing is placing context around one of the achievements but not the other. If we're talking about context rather than just raw statistics there is an argument for Djokovic now to which a hypothetical fifth title adds little value to as we can't know the circumstances of this extra title. His fifth title may come in 3 years time after Federer has won two more.

I'm being pedantic but as you've suggested yourself, it is about more than statistics.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Well - it may not be 9RG or 7Wimby but its far from "very breakable".
We have a rather short history of open era tennis.
I'd say 9 RG and 7 Wimby are also breakable too, not to mention 5 AO. Who'd have though Fed could tie Sampras' 7 Wimbly record 10 years ago? Rafa has to make it to about 15 RG if he wants to keep his record permanantly, still a lot of work to do.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I'd say 9 RG and 7 Wimby are also breakable too, not to mention 5 AO. Who'd have though Fed could tie Sampras' 7 Wimbly record 10 years ago? Rafa has to make it to about 15 RG if he wants to keep his record permanantly, still a lot of work to do.
U r crazy man !

10 RG is not happening for another 100 years

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
U r crazy man !

10 RG is not happening for another 100 years
maybe but it can happen a few hundred years later. The only way Rafa can secure his record is by reaching to 15. I don't see it happen personally. But if he keeps playing well he can win 4 more RG I think and get it to 13. It can still tie him with someone else 500 years later

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
The man who will win 10 plus French opens will not arrive in our lifetimes IF EVER.

Think about this, since the French open began over a 100 years ago. Only one man has won more than 8 French opens. In fact here is how special and unbreakable Nadals record is. IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF TENNIS. No man OR WOMAN has won more than nine titles Slam or regular tournament. Three men have won 7 WImbledon crowns. Although only Federer and Sampras can really be counted.

Nadal is on his own with this amazing record. Just see if another man even wins four in the next 30 years. And you will get some idea of how special that record is. Federers record will be long broken before Nadals is even come close to.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
:lol:

I sincerely hope you are a troll

·
Banned
2,838 Posts

I sincerely hope you are a troll
In 50 yrs of open era tennis, we have two players winning 7 Wimbly already. It shows winning 7 titles in a slam isn't as unthinkable as you have thought. Of coz 10+ is a different idea and it may require 200 years to get another player reaching it after Rafa.

Here's my non-finalized formula:
~25 yr = 7
~50 yr = 8
~75 yr = 9
~100 yr = 10
~200 yr = 10+

Bear in mind Rafa still hasn't reached 10

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
In 50 yrs of open era tennis, we have two players winning 7 Wimbly already. It shows winning 7 titles in a slam isn't as unthinkable as you have thought. Of coz 10+ is a different idea and it may require 200 years to get another player reaching it after Rafa.

Here's my non-finalized formula:
~25 yr = 7
~50 yr = 8
~75 yr = 9
~100 yr = 10
~200 yr = 10+

Bear in mind Rafa still hasn't reached 10

man please never go away I'm eager to see the final formula
If you can still choose a career you may consider comedy

Anyway, even according to your formula it's a slim chance that we'll see someone equal Nadal's RG count in our lives.

But has it ever occurred to you that winning 9 RGs (and counting) might be considered as one of the greatest achievements in the entire history of tennis, and not just tennis one can argue that it's one of the greatest achievements in history of all sports. Let me quote wiki there : "The history of sports probably extends as far back as the existence of people as purposive sportive and active beings."

You might consider adjusting your formula for a few millennia :lol:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts