Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Re: When Djokovic knocks him out in the quarters where will Nadal be ranked?

looks like he'd be around 11-ish in the rankings should Djokovic beat him.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Who knows. But it's a big slam for both players. One is going to leave Paris a broken man, utterly in ruins. A defeat for Nole would be devastating too. It's just Nadal's butt under fire

·
Registered
5,848 Posts

10th at best, luckilly for him 11th Dimitrov is in r16, so around this position.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts

It's interesting to think about. If Nadal gets defeated he will lose a chunk of points which he has been defending for 5 years.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts

I don't understand how anyone can say he'll be ranked '10 at best' when the current Number 10 ranked player Cilic has 3325 points and is only defending 90 points from last year.... Wawrinka who is 9th has 3845 points and lost last year in the first round so he's not losing anything.

Nadal on the other hand will lose 1640 points in Novak beats him in the Quarters which will take him from 4570 to 2930 points.

It's very simple: If Nadal loses in the Quarter finals then he's out of the Top 10.

If Dimitrov takes out Nadal in the Round of 16: Then Nadal is ranked Number 12.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't understand how anyone can say he'll be ranked '10 at best' when the current Number 10 ranked player Cilic has 3325 points and is only defending 90 points from last year.... Wawrinka who is 9th has 3845 points and lost last year in the first round so he's not losing anything.

Nadal on the other hand will lose 1640 points in Novak beats him in the Quarters which will take him from 4570 to 2930 points.

It's very simple: If Nadal loses in the Quarter finals then he's out of the Top 10.

You're aware that by slipping behind current #10 he would be #10 himself, right? Not #11...

Reactions: OnTheRun

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Does no matter where Rafa ends up. Not winning the title he has won almost every year is the biggest thing Rafa has had to deal with in his life next to which 2 of his 3 bottles to take to the court

·
Registered
4,084 Posts

You're aware that by slipping behind current #10 he would be #10 himself, right? Not #11...
UGH + LOL ;).... Yeah,I just took another look and realised that.Mea culpa.

I was so focussed on Nadal dropping past Cilic in the rankings I inadvertently forget that his position as 7 will be taken and each spot moves up in the process.

Ok now... Ranked number 10 it is if he loses to Djokovic and 11 if Dimitrov beats him :)

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts

Well "if" he does of course. And what will he do next if that happens?
He will start to gain lots of points. He's only defending 370 points after RG for the rest of the year.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts

UGH + LOL ;).... Yeah,I just took another look and realised that.Mea culpa.

I was so focussed on Nadal dropping past Cilic in the rankings I inadvertently forget that his position as 7 will be taken and each spot moves up in the process.

Ok now... Ranked number 10 it is if he loses to Djokovic and 11 if Dimitrov beats him :)
If Dimitrov beats Rafa, and one of Lopez, Simon, or Monfils wins RG, he will be ranked 12. :)

Any other possibilities for Rafa to go down the rankings? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts

If Dimitrov beats Rafa, and one of Lopez, Simon, or Monfils wins RG, he will be ranked 12. :)

Any other possibilities for Rafa to go down the rankings? :rolleyes:

Yes... If Tsonga makes it to the final ;) ... Likewise for Kevin Anderson and John Isner.

You know you've hit rock bottom when the likes of Girlpez and Simon overtake you in the rankings :)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts

He will start to gain lots of points. He's only defending 370 points after RG for the rest of the year.
this. Nadal will drop but then steadily rise again into the top 10, hypothetically if he loses at RG. hardly played and when he did play did terribly the second half of last year. and he seems to quite like the American summer stretch so certainly he will pick up a lot of points then

upsetting Roger at non-slam events isn't that special anymore because Federer doesn't care as much. slams are 100% different

·
Registered
10,617 Posts

Draw is extremely helpful to Rafa for staying in the top 10. Just has to win 4 matches here in RG. There was only a 1/8 chance of this happening.

As they already mentioned Cilic is irrelevant to Rafa staying in the top 10.

·
Registered
696 Posts

I'm no Nole tard but if this match happens,Djokovic in straight sets that's my prediction...

·
Registered
6,700 Posts

You play to win titles, not to hold rankings.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:spit: WOW! From my rep it is obvious some Nadal fans, really, really, really don't like me asking this question. :lol:

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
:spit: WOW! From my rep it is obvious some Nadal fans, really, really, really don't like me asking this question. :lol:
Might be your original use of the word "when". Good way to light some flames

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
If Nadal loses to Djokovic in QF he will go down a bit but at the end he will take it easier than Djokovic if he loses to Nadal.
Nadal has won FO 9times and Djokovic is fighting to win it for years. So Djokovic will be more hurt than Nadal .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts