4. NY Times
5. Daily Telegraph
6. Amazon Prime pundits
7. Me
8. Donald Trump
9. ITF
10. Roger Federer.
No links/sources... Daily Telegraph e.g.:

Few people have ever dominated a sporting decade in the manner that Novak Djokovic did the 2010s. [...]

Djokovic’s status as the champion male player of the past 10 years should not be in doubt. [...]

Djokovic has been world No 1 for 275 weeks over the past 10 years, beating Federer’s tally from the previous decade by 13 weeks. During that time, he established a hold on his two most distinguished rivals. In head-to-head meetings during the 2010s, he dominated Federer 21-14 and Nadal 21-12. [...]

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

·
Your visions will happen
46,933 Posts
Well Djokovic was lucky his peak started January 2011 lol

The numbers say he is best player from 2010-2019, no doubt. But history is longer than a single decade snapshot

·
Premium Member
21,049 Posts
So ill list the sources who have Nadal as player of decade
1. Forbes
2. ESPN
3. Fox sports
4. NY Times
5. Daily Telegraph
6. Amazon Prime pundits
7. Me
8. Donald Trump
9. ITF
10. Roger Federer.
Very reputable list that no one can check. Also very modest of you putting yourself as only 7th most important source. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Djokovic is a good player no doubt. He’s probably even a top-25 player all time, but his numbers are massively inflated by playing in the weakest era in the history of tennis.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Djokovic is a good player no doubt. He’s probably even a top-25 player all time, but his numbers are massively inflated by playing in the weakest era in the history of tennis.
why only probably a top-25 player of all time? you'd care to come up with 25 players in the history of tennis you deem better than him and why?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
why only probably a top-25 player of all time? you'd care to come up with 25 players in the history of tennis you deem better than him and why?
Oh, leave him be, having to make that admission is probably the hardest one ever he had to make in his life :D
He's right, though, who did Djokovic had to battle in this sorry era, some nobodies named Stan, Raphael, Andy, Roger... can't even remember their last names, that's how unremarkable those pathetic journeyman are... :D

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Well Djokovic was lucky his peak started January 2011 lol

The numbers say he is best player from 2010-2019, no doubt. But history is longer than a single decade snapshot
You could say the same thing for Federer though. Hes lucky his peak started in 2004/2005 or whatever. Nadal is the one that really got screwed with his peak being sandwiched between Djoker and Fed along with the injuries etc.. over the year. Its very possible Nadal would have been far and away the slam record holder years ago if he came along at a different time earlier or later

·
Rankings Master
15,635 Posts
Player of the decade is obviously Andy Murray, he won 2 Olympic Gold medals, and I am sure, the best pundit on the internet, @Moozza will agree with this statement.

*Carefully flees before a new message is posted.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
How is this thread 5 pages? Are you people really going back and forth with the OP? My God.
Indeed, and nobody has in fact answered OP's question! So:
Q - "If Djokovic had no era how good is he to have won so much"
A - Too good! :D

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I’d say like 11th or 12th, with an outside chance of cracking the top 10
we've come a long way now from nole being probably a top 25 player of all time, you then thinking he is a top 25 player of all time and now you saying he'd be like around 11th or 12th out of the top 25 players of all time.
so tell me then, could you think of 10 to 11 players in the history of tennis you deem better than nole and why?

81 - 99 of 99 Posts