Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what will be a more decisive factor:

A) Djokovic having a huge mental edge over Murray - 8 consecutive wins (of those 3 in slams)

or

B) Murray being a better grass courter than Djokovic + home crowd support?

·
Registered
16,739 Posts
Both. Djokovic cannot just magically play superbly at WB when his grass game is not as good as Murray's. Also British crowd support is a huge boosting factor for Murray which Novak should somehow handle. Better than in 2013.
Also Murray just cannot make unhappen the last 8 losses, despite that none of them were on grass.

It will be a very tricky matchup and who really takes the role of the agressor/dictator of the rallies, serves consistent should win it.
I will feature more sets than 3 this time. :devil:

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
C) Who had an easier QF if it were 5-setter and R16, would be more important than A and B.

If they somehow land in different halfs than it is again who would have an easier SF if it were 5-setter and 3-setter respectively.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Murray would win any day of the 1st week when the grass is still fresh. At the end of the 2nd week it would be much closer but Murray would still be favourite in that form.

Better grass court player more important but it get neglected a bit when it turns into dust later in the tournament.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
C) Who had an easier QF if it were 5-setter and R16, would be more important than A and B.

If they somehow land in different halfs than it is again who would have an easier SF if it were 5-setter and three-setter.
That would only affect Murray. The marathon man has a bottomless pit of stamina.

90% of the crowd would be behind Murray if he played Novak and we all know how sulky joe gets when he isn't adored by the crowd.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
The decisive factor would be who played better that day. Then you have things like matchup coming into play.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
That would only affect Murray. The marathon man has a bottomless pit of stamina.

90% of the crowd would be behind Murray if he played Novak and we all know how sulky joe gets when he isn't adored by the crowd.
Sure, as at Wimb.'13 or USO'12.

If Djokovic had somehow won the 3rd and the 4th set at Wimb'13, the fifth would've been 6:1 Murray.

Easier SF, a day of rest more and in todays slam finals you are the 80% winner against Djokovic , if your name is Murray/Wawrinka or vice versa.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Murray knows he can beat Djokovic on grass if he's at this best. So it all depends on the shape in which he comes in.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
...what will be a more decisive factor:

A) Djokovic having a huge mental edge over Murray - 8 consecutive wins (of those 3 in slams)

or

B) Murray being a better grass courter than Djokovic + home crowd support?
H2Hs are overrated. Look how many times Novak had beaten Stan. It didn't help yesterday. What will be will be. I believe in destiny.

When Murray won in 2013. It was meant to be. He played out of his skin to take the title in three sets. TRUST ME, he will never play that good again at Wimbledon. I feel Novak has a great chance. He is better on grass than people realise. It's very hard to beat Federer in a Wimbledon final. It's took peak Nadal 5 sets. And it Took Novak 5 sets against a declined but very determined Federer.

This year Federer isn't likely to make the final. And in my mind the only two players who can beat DJokovic are Federer and Murray on grass.And I just cannot see either one of them winning Wimbledon again. Novak may never get the FO. But I see him being a three time Wimbledon champion. Either this year or next year. I will take this year.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Federer is far superior than Nadal on grass and yet lost. H2H(match-up) and mentality always comes first.

·
Registered
16,739 Posts
This year Federer isn't likely to make the final. And in my mind the only two players who can beat DJokovic are Federer and Murray on grass.And I just cannot see either one of them winning Wimbledon again. Novak may never get the FO. But I see him being a three time Wimbledon champion. Either this year or next year. I will take this year.
It will be very difficult, if Murray is in form.
Raonic, Kyrgios won't be that good to cause a serious threat, so basically the final can feature Murray and Djokovic.
I expect a tighter result then 2 years ago, though Murray will win in 4 sets.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts