Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets face it. Struggled a lot with his wrist injuries. Seems to be in fine form right now.

But I'm afraid that he will still struggle with his wrist in the future.

So I personally think now is the time to add another slam win. If he doesn't then I don't know if he will ever be able to. Just being realistic here.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I feel you. I wonder if he can keep up this form without further injury. I think if he can then he will win more slams. I feel his basic level is better than Wawa and possibly Murray. It’s whether his wrist holds up. Think he deserves multiple slams. I think he’s about 40% likely to win against Nadal

·
Registered
956 Posts
I still don't know if his BH can hold up for 5 sets back to back to back against top players. That BH is such a huge problem for the gentle giant.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Lets face it. Struggled a lot with his wrist injuries. Seems to be in fine form right now.

So I personally think now is the time to add another slam win. If he doesn't then I don't know if he will ever be able to. Just being realistic here.
That's what I thought at Wimbledon as well.

·
justice for all
13,147 Posts

Beating Nadal djokovic b2b will be tough
Both of you are right. Can he beat b2b Nadal & Djokovic? He beat b2b Nadal & Federer in 2009. Will be tough but not impossible.

If he doesn't do it now he'll probably never do it. He turns 30 next month. Bearing in mind his injury record he will not stand so strong physically into his early thirties like big3.

·
Registered
592 Posts
His recent history hasn’t been great but he still has one of the best records v Nadal. 11-5 or similar. That includes a clay imbalance I assume.
5-5 on HC
3-0 Clay
2-0 Grass
Looks like it’s 3-0 on grass. Still, no active player has as high a winning percentage against Nadal, except players with a few wins like Dustin Brown. Other than the other two greats.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
it doesn´t have to be now, he might have to beat #1 and virtual #2 back to back, do you think that´s easy?

I think he´s just trying to improve form every tournament, no need to get whimsical or hurry

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
Will be tough but it's possible, both are not playing their best tennis in this tournament.
Yeah but Nadal has been houdini like in this tournament outlasting much younger players in 4h30m and 4h50m marathons.
And Djokovic whilst struggling against conditions is a very tough match up for JMDP so it's an uphill task.
He needs Nishikori to soften up Djokovic for the final.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Could possibly take Nadal to 5 sets and get through but highly unlikely. If he does, zero chance against Djokovic

1 - 20 of 57 Posts