Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know threads like these are pointless but what the hell.

Do you think if he had wound up winning that match that his entire career would have turned out differently and he would have remained a consistent top 10er for years? Or would his shoulder issues and fatigue still have gotten the best of him.

To me it seems like all his issues are simply mental and that he'll never have the same belief in himself again, which is ashame.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
If my mother wasn't my mother, then she'd be someone elses mother or maybe a woman without children.

Would be
Could be
Should be
Maybe

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
FO 04 had no such impact as people think. Coria reached Monte Carlo and Rome finals next year, as well as Hamburg and USO quarters and Beijing final. He's also qualified for YEC

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Even if he had won RG, he would still have seen Nadal take his clay court crown from him the next year, and it was here that his real problems started.

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Coria played very well for stretches after that match. He played two awesome finals on clay vs Nadal the next year but got outplayed.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Bad Karma and he deserves it. Who the hell books a hotel room for celebrating a victory before the match has even been played. That's as cocky as you can get and thank God Gaudio pulled off a miracle and put him in his place. I just wish I was there when he got to the hotel and had to cancel the booking he had made :yeah: :devil:

Reactions: Fedex

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
yeah, probably not much different, perhaps a little bit. Certainly will always affect his mental stability and his legacy. And we all would have been deprived of great memories had Coria won the match.

Gaston:worship:

·
Registered
86,336 Posts

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

·
Banned
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
The problems of Coria started in Us Open 2005 and in the semifinals of the David Cup against Slovakia , not in that RG , because in 2005 he played the finals of Montecarlo , Roma , Beijing and won the Umag Open and he was the only argie who enter to the Masters Cup with his points in the year , not how alternate

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I had wheels I would be a bicycle....

I think Coria`s problem start with Perlas and his idea of making of Coria an agresive player when he was ok winning with his deffensive magic ideas. Also make changes with the grip serve during Perlas era...

·
Retired Party Hostess
14,983 Posts
Hard to really answer definitively, because you are laying down a situation that we already know didn't happen.

I've tried to go over it a couple of times, just for the sake of argument, but my brain keeps coming back to the same thing- "What if..." But he didn't.

He had the title on his racket, and didn't deliver. In the end, he wasn't the one who went home with the trophy. It's the end of the story, really.

You could get caught up in a million different hypotheticals, until your brain explodes. We'll never know.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
:haha: you guys are so funny

1 - 20 of 31 Posts