Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does that mean for tennis? And are we going to see the rise of Canada like Switzerland for the next decade?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Inevitable knee-jerk reaction thread.

Someone had to make this ... 'Is Canada the new driving force in tennis now?' thread.

I'm sure you take honor in it being you. :yeah: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inevitable knee-jerk reaction thread.

Someone had to make this ... 'Is Canada the new driving force in tennis now?' thread.

I'm sure you take honor in it being you. :yeah: :rolleyes:
lol. Well, I can't beat folks who wait all day long to be first to open "result" threads. So it had to be something creative. lol :D

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
If they both win. it will be a big boost for Canadian tennis. I play with a bunch of great tennis players for my level but has no support because Hockey is king in Canada. But, if both of them win, I will see the government funding and maintaining tennis courts and possible lowering the price during winter tennis time.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they both win. it will be a big boost for Canadian tennis. I play with a bunch of great tennis players for my level but has no support because Hockey is king in Canada. But, if both of them win, I will see the government funding and maintaining tennis courts and possible lowering the price during winter tennis time.
I hope Popsipil and other players step up. I think it would be good if Canadians let us win some hockey games and focused on tennis. :devil:

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
Don't forget Pospisil in the doubles event now in the semis. It's not as big but him winning his first doubles GS would be awesome as well.

Canada FTW!

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget Pospisil in the doubles event now in the semis. It's not as big but him winning his first doubles GS would be awesome as well.

Canada FTW!
Now don't push it... Like I said, you guys need to stop pretending and accept being our "North Texas." So technically, I consider this a win for "Murican" tennis. :D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Bouchard is in the Finals now..and I think she might actually be the favoured to win it now. I didn't think she would get by Halep.

·
Registered
13,452 Posts
It would mean Canada is adding tennis to the list of sports that it dominates (a list that is currently comprised of just hockey). And the American envy would be great.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bouchard is in the Finals now..and I think she might actually be the favoured to win it now. I didn't think she would get by Halep.
I think Kvitova is the favorite but she is so unpredictable .... Brouchard has a shot. It's WTA, so anything is possible.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Would be great to see Bouchard win. Will be okay with Raonic winning, shows how servebots can fluke a slam on grass. And it'll be better than Fraud winning after a challenger draw or Djokovic.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would be great to see Bouchard win. Will be okay with Raonic winning, shows how servebots can fluke a slam on grass. And it'll be better than Fraud winning after a challenger draw or Djokovic.
you had to go there. So Wawrinka, Raonic, Djokovic on the way to win would make Roger's draw a challenger level draw? lol. What does that make Rafa? :) Don't you go around throwing the word "Fraud" around when your guy is the biggest one :)

As far as Bouchard win, it could happen. She just sounds so choreographed

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
you had to go there. So Wawrinka, Raonic, Djokovic on the way to win would make Roger's draw a challenger level draw? lol. What does that make Rafa? :) Don't you go around throwing the word "Fraud" around when your guy is the biggest one :)

Never suggested Nadal isn't crap on grass these days

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I hope Popsipil and other players step up. I think it would be good if Canadians let us win some hockey games and focused on tennis. :devil:
Knowing you. i knew there was a hidden agenda and wanting the cancuks to win! ha ha! Man, tough olympics for you guys, specially the women gold medal match. The good news is you get to keep Justin Beiber.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Never suggested Nadal isn't crap on grass these days
Never suggested Nadal is not a complete, utter fraud, grass or not. Get out of here. Nobody even brought up Fed, but just like a good Tard, you had to go and make shitty comments about Roger, when we are talking about Raonic and Bouchard.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Bouchard winning anything big is a disgrace to tennis. Kvitova plz stop this fluking bitch.
I don't mind if Raonic wins Wimbledon. Seeing how pathetic the 90 generation is he will win it sooner or later.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Bouchard winning is great for tennis.
Raonic winning Wimbledon.. I will probably stop watching tennis for the next few months, what an utter disgrace.

The best way would be:

Petra or Eguenie, both are great for tennis.
Djokovic, Dimitrov and Federer, all three winnings would be great for the sport.

Djokovic because he's due..Dimitrov because he's young and Federer because....well you know...because it would be an amazing thing itself.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

My goodness, this nadal fans are relentless. i feel bad for rafa sometimes having such a bad rep that is completely out of his control but definitely due to his fanatics.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts