Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Leave it to a NadaI fanbot to outpost anyone on this thread as for change of venue whiIe never underestimate EI padrino aka the Godfakerer to have it moved to Espana.
Haha, I don't know if the "fanbot" was a typo ("t" is next to "y" on the standard keyboard) but it's funny as shit.

As for the OP: I can just imagine the shitstorm if the tally ended 20-19-19 because the AO didn't happen and someone else miraculously won RG, then the Next Gen took over. All the big 3 tards would be unbearable in that case.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As for the OP: I can just imagine the shitstorm if the tally ended 20-19-19 because the AO didn't happen and someone else miraculously won RG, then the Next Gen took over. All the big 3 tards would be unbearable in that case.
MTF would be so heated that it could be calmed down only by some heavy dosage of unbiasness and objectivity.

·
|
13,677 Posts
StanimaI earned his AO titIe going thru Nadovic but who did NadaI go thru in 2017 USO again?
Rafa has beaten US Open Champions in all 4 of his US Open titles.
2010 = Djokovic (eventual 3-time USO champ)
2013 = Djokovic
2017 = Del Potro
2019 = Cilic
And that especially impressive considering there aren't many US Open Champions on the tour.
Rafa also beat Murray at the US Open in 2011, and Murray won the US Open in 2012.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Since when is Southern Europe's winter a problem to play tennis? Also crowd is used to go to football stadiums under all kind of conditions. I concede it isn't optimal weather but not hazardous like 45°C heat or unbreathable air.
In this case it would make sense to switch cause I’m sure anyone with common sense would rather play in cold weather than toxic conditions.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Haha, I don't know if the "fanbot" was a typo ("t" is next to "y" on the standard keyboard) but it's funny as shit.

If that were to happen, this place would be a fuckin war between all big 3 fans/tards. Every thread would be about why one of the players is the GOAT and better than the other 2.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Murray won 2012 USO primarily due to weather deIayed SF match between notorious grinder Ferrer & Novak, who had much Iess rest than the Brit in the finaI.

·
|
13,677 Posts
All Andersons and Berrettinis of this world. True hero this Rafa.
Rafa beat a US Open Champion in all of his US Open titles-
2010 = Djokovic (eventual 3-time USO champ)
2013 = Djokovic
2017 = Del Potro
2019 = Cilic
He'll get credit for that in the coming decades if anyone looks back on his opponents.....although I bet nobody will, because we aren't looking back at the opponents of 1980s or 1990s US Open Champions...

·
|
13,677 Posts
Beating Cilic in 2019 is not something you want to brag about.
But history will see it differently, because Cilic will forever be a US Open Champion (and not just that, Cilic thrashed Federer at the US Open).
We can forever say Rafa beat a US Open Champion in all his US Open title-runs (albeit different in 2010 because Djokovic hadn't got a US Open crown yet, but did the next year).

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Djokovic barely beat Medvedev and Shapovalov in the ATP cup and now they´re already granting him the right to put an asterix next to other´s achievements for a tournament which didn´t even start?

About the problem itself, I think there should be contingency measures for cases like this. Maybe they should prepare for a slam to move as an exception in another country, maybe Czech Republic? Japan?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts