Mens Tennis Forums banner

if Sampras or Agassi wins the 2002 US Open...

• they will both retire at the end of 2002

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • both of them will be back for the 2003 season

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • the winner will retire but the loser will be back for next year

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • the loser will retire but the winner expecting other good results, will keep playing

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Sampras will be back for Wimbledon no matter what...

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if both of them lose, we should expect to see them back in 2003 or at tleast one of them, but what they win it?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I think Pete should, because he won't have any more motivation to do it anymore (that he said he had one grand slam left, so there you go). But Andre won't. He's still doing so well, so why not keep going.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
I still firmly beleive that Pete is waiting till the day that Andre retires, so that he can retire the day after - steal all the limelight, and have th glory of getting into the hall of fame a year before Agassi ;)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
No way will they retire at the end of this year. Sampras himself said he'd be back next year, to keep deluding himself I suppose (although he might up and win the US Open . . . not that I care anymore, it's been such a sucky tournament since Monday ;)) and Agassi is riding too high, I think.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Andre will keep on playing if he loses but might very well retire if he wins. :cool:

Pete will keep on playing in both cases (unless a flash of intelligence suddenly strikes him). :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts