Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
You call Nalbandian and Ferrer playing like this mugs?
Also Nadal, probably the best runner in tennis history?
Federer, with most variable forehand?
Roddick with this atomic serve? (sure he is a mug, but the serve is monstrous)

Geez, get a life...

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Hey didn't you know that if Justine wins it is a WEAK ERA and if FED wins then it's a MUG ERA. One loss for them equals crisis and one hot month for Nalby means he is god (despite 2 losses to Stan the man) and a win for Rafa means he is a spartan. These are the facts. ;)

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Federer is just the transitional #1.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeh I feel if he wins tommorow he wll be back to the 'great year' rather than 'declining year but with alot of Slams'.

I also would just like to note that people saying Federer only won because of his serve is a bit misleading. We don't say Nadal only wins on clay because of his fitness do we?

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
those are silly fanboys/fangirls who just compare a couple of results respect last years
and say he is decling, for example they say as federer lost to
Nalbandian two times and has less titles than last year he is in crisis
and that is pure false as i said yesterday. for example last year in Madrid he won a very close match against Soderling 76 76 both tiebreaks were close and Soderling had a tons of chances to win, if he'd had lose to toad then those fanboys would have said the same as now

the same for Basel,Last year Federer won a tight match against Srichaphan, i remember the thai was up 53 in the tb and there was an horrible bad call against him.and the same could be said with some other tournaments as Miami and Indian wells.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
those are silly fanboys/fangirls who just compare a couple of results respect last years
and say he is decling, for example they say as federer lost to
Nalbandian two times and has less titles than last year he is in crisis
and that is pure false as i said yesterday. for example last year in Madrid he won a very close match against Soderling 76 76 both tiebreaks were close and Soderling had a tons of chances to win, if he'd had lose to toad then those fanboys would have said the same as now

the same for Basel,Last year Federer won a tight match against Srichaphan, i remember the thai was up 53 in the tb and there was an horrible bad call against him.and the same could be said with some other tournaments as Miami and Indian wells.
Exactly, and they forget Federer is still relatively young, he is only 26 and still very agile and flexible. Yes the field has been catching up and the youngsters have been improving greatly especially Novak. A healthy Murray will also be in the mix next year for sure.

Marcos too would be part of this conversation if he gets fitter, loses at least five pounds and gets fitter mentally (this is his biggest problem). So yeah Federer will be challenged more regularly but I think his good days are far from over; unless God forbid he gets seriously injured and just loses interest.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Roger was on his way to a terminal decline and retirement, if he wins the title tomorrow we will see threads about whether he will win the golden slam in 2008. Typical.

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
I also would just like to note that people saying Federer only won because of his serve is a bit misleading. We don't say Nadal only wins on clay because of his fitness do we?
Are you kidding? Only a few posts above your was someone dismissing Nadal as the greatest "runner" in tennis history.

Anyway, yeah, rumours of Fed's decline are greatly exaggerated. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts