1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But any problem cannot be found.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Congratulations, admitting is the 1st step towards curing.

Tell me something, if women happen to really really like a big round belly, would you drop your health and comfort and develop it, or would you stand by your attitudes (if you have any) and keep your weight proper?

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
Congratulations, admitting is the 1st step towards curing.

Tell me something, if women happen to really really like a big round belly, would you drop your health and comfort and develop it, or would you stand by your attitudes (if you have any) and keep your weight proper?
Or maybe someone's weight has fuck all to do with their "attitutes" (whatever that means).

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
There are many other ways to get women to like you. Being a good listener is one. It also helps to be a good conversationalist and have a healthy sense of humor. Of course, being kind and generous are appealing qualities as well. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve your physical appearance, but it's more important for people to like you for who you are on the inside.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Or maybe someone's weight has fuck all to do with their "attitutes" (whatever that means).
You mean on people who are overweight because of the bad metabolism? I'm not talking about them or about why are people overweight, you are missing the point. And if OP is overweight despite working out and running, he should consider my question hypothetical.

·
Registered
10,479 Posts
I almost never work out at gyms, I walk or run when I feel like it, I am just being careful of what I eat. I never smoke, I very rarely drink. I don't waste my hard earned money on gyms, using those terribly dirty machines (seriously every day 50 some people touch them), and I can still meet pretty girls now and then without much problems.

IMO if you like having crazy muscles and all, do it, but not just for girls, because it is not the only way to get them.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts

·
10,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'm disappointed with MTFs knowledge of old posters :(

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
OP after a year:

Del Gym Ratchi
Someone told me that Arnie was the first body builder to make it in the big screen for his muscles than his acting abilities. I wouldn’t be surprised if he bought the idea of male physique into popular culture and discourse and started this whole notion of abs and biceps.

For the record yes women would appreciate men with such physique as we do with beautiful women but appreciation doesn’t necessarily mean desiring them. As long as the man is healthy looking with hair and teeth and a good conversationalist, he always have a shot with most women.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
You post on MTF, that's the best aphrodisiac there is.
Yup, girls spread legs when I tell them about my MTF popularity while "smart" Trollchi exhausts himself at the gym.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Someone told me that Arnie was the first body builder to make it in the big screen for his muscles than his acting abilities. I wouldn’t be surprised if he bought the idea of male physique into popular culture and discourse and started this whole notion of abs and biceps.

For the record yes women would appreciate men with such physique as we do with beautiful women but appreciation doesn’t necessarily mean desiring them. As long as the man is healthy looking with hair and teeth and a good conversationalist, he always have a shot with most women.
I bet you won't say this in his face

·
Registered
4,651 Posts

I bet you won't say this in his face
I’ll tell him he’s growing his hair in the wrong place :grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
There are many other ways to get women to like you. Being a good listener is one. It also helps to be a good conversationalist and have a healthy sense of humor. Of course, being kind and generous are appealing qualities as well. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve your physical appearance, but it's more important for people to like you for who you are on the inside.
I seriously doubt he ment becomign friends with them.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
I almost never work out at gyms, I walk or run when I feel like it, I am just being careful of what I eat. I never smoke, I very rarely drink. I don't waste my hard earned money on gyms, using those terribly dirty machines (seriously every day 50 some people touch them), and I can still meet pretty girls now and then without much problems.

IMO if you like having crazy muscles and all, do it, but not just for girls, because it is not the only way to get them.
It's easier to build some muscle than become rich.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts

x0gaYyNk7QA

Bill Burr ruminates over men who have fallen victim to gold diggers. :D Also an Arnie bit starting from 3:25. Unbelievable lifestory really, Arnie and his achievements, when you think about it...

Skimmed briefly about bodybuilding history. Arnie did seemingly play a big part as bodybuilding eventually grew into a multibillion dollar industry. Him breaking through in Hollywood, as you said, seemed to be one big factor.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/drobson61.htm

The Culture Solidifies: 1930-1970s

As the bodybuilding movement progressed into the 1930s, adherents were becoming more interested in developing balanced physiques and losing body fat as training techniques and new developments in exercise equipment advanced. The '30s were the beginning of what is affectionately know as the golden age of bodybuilding, where gyms and the associated practices of training in groups and posing in front of mirrors become commonplace among followers.

On the California Coast, weightlifting on the beachfront became popular among both amateur and professional bodybuilders. The most famous of these hangouts was situated in Santa Monica, and was called Muscle Beach.

[...]

The first large-scale bodybuilding competitions were held by these organizations: the Mr. Olympia in 1965 by the IFBB and the Mr. Universe in 1950 by NABBA. The 1960s marked the period during which the most influential bodybuilder of all time would make his mark. Arnold Schwarzenegger beat Dennis Tinereno for the Mr. America title in 1967 and immediately began dominating the international competition. He would go on to win Mr. Universe on five occasions and Mr. Olympia seven times.

The Mr. Olympia had been won first by Larry Scott in 1965, who went on to win again in '66. Sergio Oliva won in '67, '68 and '69. Arnold cemented his spot as the number one bodybuilder in the world by winning the Olympia for the next five years straight, and again in 1980. He would also conquer the movie world, becoming a Hollywood star.

As bodybuilding increased in popularity into the 1970s, Arnold and other superstars such as three-time Mr. Olympia winner Frank Zane, Dave Draper, and Mike Mentzer became household names. The movie industry often specifically targeted muscular actors, such was the marketability of this type of physique. As the muscular body became more desirable, the gym industry gained momentum, and the industry as a whole became lucrative.

In the 1970s, the IFBB rose to prominence as the dominant bodybuilding organization. Toward the end of this period, the IFBB consisted of more than 100 member countries, and had become the sixth-largest sporting federation in the world.

Bodybuilding was regarded as a legitimate sport, had become a multibillion-dollar-industry and had adherents in all major countries.
This is from 1921, if I caught it right (edit: this is an advert of Atlas Program, a mail order workout course by Charles Atlas and his marketing partner Charles Roman):

"He-man" mentioned...

edit.

Interesting stuff, on the Atlas Program, and the changing attitudes over the desired physique and bodybuilding in US:

During the heyday of his program from 1929 to 1948, Atlas claimed that it could provide qualities that American men believed they needed at that time, including a sense of control, increased sexual vigour, and attractiveness and a strong personality. It will be argued that these qualities represented the cornerstones of masculinity in the male psyche at a time when the country experienced a perceived crisis of masculinity.[2]

The conception of masculinity in the United States had been changing during the past two centuries. In the first half of 19th century, men of rotund proportions were considered the embodiment of health and fitness. Muscularity then was associated with the working class, toiling in fields or factories.[3] This perception began changing from the 1860s onwards with the adoption of physical culture, generally defined as “the sum total of a society’s activities and attitudes connected with physical development and education”.[4] There was a societal acceptance of exercising as a means of improving the body. This change was primarily due to increased interest in sport among the upper classes and also to the rise of “Christian Muscularity” among the lower classes, whereby a good Christian was seen as a strong Christian.[5] Men such as Eugen Sandow and Bernarr McFadden became living embodiments of physical culture in the early twentieth century. Both Sandow and McFadden proved very successful in spreading the concept of physical culture before the arrival of Atlas.

Immigration and industrialization during the late 19th century also helped transform American understanding of muscularity. The rise of immigration and industrialization led some social commentators to believe that white American men were becoming too feminine. Additionally important, the large influx of European immigrants resulted in increasing economic competition and a destabilized sense of masculinity in the U.S. during the nineteenth century.[6] Under the perceived crises of masculinity, men sought a muscular body type in the early twentieth century as a means of separating themselves from women and immigrants.[7]

The economic crises in the early 20th century also contributed to the deepening of a perceived crisis of masculinity among American men, that in turn contributed to the development of fitness industry, such as Atlas’s business. Scholars have noted that during the Great Depression, men blamed themselves for the economic crash.[8] Indeed, Atlas’s business partner, Roman, noted in 1942 that their business tended to do well during times of crisis, as men believed they were unemployed due to a lack of physical power. [9] The loss of employment led to emasculation in some men during the Great Depression. Engaging in physical self-improvement gave unemployed men back a sense of control. Men turned to fitness as compensation for social changes that left them feeling stripped of their former power.[10] Added to this, World War II in the 1930s and 1940s made men more conscious of their bodies, as military fitness became a talking point in the media.[11] Physical fitness was not just a matter of pride; it arguably became a means of survival and self-preservation. Taken as a whole, these long-term and short-term societal trends go some way in explaining the society and male psyche, into which Atlas and Roman tapped.
https://www.armstrong.edu/history-journal/history-journal-hey-skinny-your-ribs-are-showing-charles-atlas-and-masculin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts