Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, I hope he wins a French Open...he deserved that ovation, his time HAS to come surely?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree. A great champion and humble in defeat, he kept up some great composure during his speech and it was nice that he showed emotion. He just met a better opponent on the day and he might have not played as freely as he could have, I think he might have put a bit too much pressure on himself as well.

I hope one day he will win because he deserves it.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Yup, I'm not a fan of his and was rooting 100% for Stan today because he is one of my favourites, but I'm actually also sad for him, he would deserve a title at RG for all his epics against Rafa in the past couple years and overall performance here. Sincerely hope for him he can get his shit together and win it all one of the next years...

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
He looked so sad at the end. Hope he recovers from this loss.

·
Premium Member
20,682 Posts
:hug: :hug:

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
He doesn't deserve one and Murray doesn't deserve an AO. If you can't beat who is in front of you, you don't deserve it.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
The guy is 8-8 in slam finals.... that is shocking for someone with his talent. It should be 11-5 or something like that the very least. But give credit to Stan. He played out of his mind. I have never seen anything like it.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
I never see endless sympathy threads for Murray every time he loses an Australian Open Final.

He lost fair and square today.

·
Banned
923 Posts
He doesn't deserve anything. Federer won his RG during the era of peak Nadal. Djokovic is playing in the era of Broken Kneedal and Grandpa Fed

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Was rooting for Stan today but yeah...as a Nole fan I'm absolutely sad for him.. not his tards, but for him.. He must be crying right now with his family. :hug:

He must get it next year, hopefully against Rafa in an epic final!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Not a huge of Djokovic or the Parisian crowds, but the prolonged standing ovation was a nice touch from them. Begrudgingly, I did feel a little sorry for him.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
No one deserves a slam a slam for past heroics :stupid:

They deserve the slam based on their showing when the slam is being decided and unfortunately for Djokovic, he wasn't good enough.

·
23,933 Posts
Was of course rooting for Stan but I feel how bad it is for Djokovic who seem to really prepare to win this Slam. He beat Nadal (2nd person to do it) and surely has more chances to win it. Good to see how calm he was after the match and knows he was just not the better player of the day and knows there is a lot more tennis coming.

·
Registered
171 Posts
He doesn't deserve anything. Federer won his RG during the era of peak Nadal. Djokovic is playing in the era of Broken Kneedal and Grandpa Fed
Well at least Novak beat 'Broken Kneedal' here fair and square to hand him only his second loss in 10 years here. I am a big Roger fan but he didn't even have to play Nadal during his RG 2009 win so your remark is way off.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The guy is 8-8 in slam finals.... that is shocking for someone with his talent. It should be 11-5 or something like that the very least. But give credit to Stan. He played out of his mind. I have never seen anything like it.
I personally dislike Djokovic but this is a very puzzling record for him. Should have been in double digits by now.

I wonder what this loss will do to his psyche?

·
Registered
645 Posts
there is no such thing as deserving winner. you either win it or lose is. Djokovic lost today, Wawrinka won and deserved the crown.

it is what it is... Djokovic will win it only if he manage to win 7 in a row on RG... i will continue to cheer for him with all my heart, but if he finishes his career without RG, then he hasn't deserve it.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts