Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell can I tell him ? Lace your shoes, don't forget to drink... your hair is messy ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,759 Posts
It's a good thing that being a good coach/captain has to do with more than just being able to play actual tennis well!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,684 Posts
mdhubert said:
What the hell can I tell him ? Lace your shoes, don't forget to drink... your hair is messy ?
Is there any evidence that it was Severin's quote?

And, it was also Roger's choice to have him as the "captain" of the Swiss Davis Cup team. But, I don't know exactly what the difference between coach and captain.
 

·
F***ing have it
Joined
·
17,555 Posts
mdhubert said:
What the hell can I tell him ? Lace your shoes, don't forget to drink... your hair is messy ?
you can bring the food for Mirka and Juliette :tape:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Federerhingis

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
People should realize that great players like Rosset don't necessarily become great coaches. He was not disciplined enough. So lousy players like Lüthi can become good coaches. Also surely Wawa and George will need coaching help so Lüthi won't just be there for decoration. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,748 Posts
delsa said:
Roger choosed him because he wants to be the only true boss. :devil: ;)
:lol: :devil:
does anyone have a pic of severin? (funny name btw... remind me of that duck: saturnin :lol: )
he has to be good looking if he's here for the decoration :angel: :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,684 Posts
Saumon said:
:lol: :devil:
does anyone have a pic of severin? (funny name btw... remind me of that duck: saturnin :lol: )
he has to be good looking if he's here for the decoration :angel: :p
I know you are just joking saying about him beeing there for decoration.

Here, you can see him.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=2223979&postcount=108

But, please don't insult him because of his looks and name. Severin might not be a common name, but I also have a friend named Severin...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65,539 Posts
Stevens Point said:
But, please don't insult him because of his looks and name. Severin might not be a common name, but I also have a friend named Severin...
I don't care about his name, I only care about the way he looks and I have to say that he's really handsome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,930 Posts
delsa said:
Roger choosed him because he wants to be the only true boss. :devil: ;)
We'll never know the truth, but the thought crossed my mind, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,958 Posts
Stevens Point said:
I
But, please don't insult him because of his looks and name. Severin might not be a common name, but I also have a friend named Severin...
Me too, i have a friend named Séverin. It's true the female version Séverine is more common but it's pretty common too... I've met loads of Séverins...:shrug: It's not as if he was called Aristide or something....

Oh and Sathurnin is spelt like this... :p

I like "old" French names like Maxence, Estève, Estèphe, Mathurin, Maximilien, Lucien, Faure, Cômes, Foulques, Rodolphe, Hervé and so on... Ppl shouldn't let them disapear but well, that's their problem. I find it stupid sometimes when ppl name their child with names like Kevin, Jonathan, Brian etc...here. But they do what they want. My children if i ever have some will have Madagascan names if possible. :p

I was joking about Fedex wanting to be the only true boss but it's obvious there is a bit of that in the situation. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,915 Posts
delsa said:
I like "old" French names like Maxence, Estève, Estèphe, Mathurin, Maximilien, Lucien, Faure, Cômes, Foulques, Rodolphe, Hervé and so on... Ppl shouldn't let them disapear but well, that's their problem. I find it stupid sometimes when ppl name their child with names like Kevin, Jonathan, Brian etc...here. But they do what they want. My children if i ever have some will have Madagascan names if possible. :p
I like Maximilien and Lucien and Maxence, but Foulques? :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,684 Posts
delsa said:
I was joking about Fedex wanting to be the only true boss but it's obvious there is a bit of that in the situation. ;)
Yeah, maybe a bit of that... ;)

There isn't a single boss or dictator in the Swiss Davis Cup team. I would say 4 people are actually leading the team; Severin Lüthi (team captain), Ivo Werner (head coach), Pierre Paganini (conditions trainer), and Roger Federer (team leader). I don't know what Ivo Werner is doing, but that's how the system is working for the team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stevens Point said:
I don't know what Ivo Werner is doing
Me neither, and I think the confusion was a part of the problems with Marc Rosset. I think Fed likes this dillution of responsibility, he remains the boss and takes decisions while others manage the day to day in their small areas...
as long as Fed is good it's OK, but for long term it's not very stable...
by the way, other players of the team who think they have some power are slammed in the face violently, saying that Allegro and Chiudinelli are bad players who should shut up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,958 Posts
Stevens Point said:
Yeah, maybe a bit of that... ;)

There isn't a single boss or dictator in the Swiss Davis Cup team. I would say 4 people are actually leading the team; Severin Lüthi (team captain), Ivo Werner (head coach), Pierre Paganini (conditions trainer), and Roger Federer (team leader). I don't know what Ivo Werner is doing, but that's how the system is working for the team.
That's "democratic" (on the surface at least...) but is it efficient?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,958 Posts
silverwhite said:
I like Maximilien and Lucien and Maxence, but Foulques? :eek:
:p What's wrong? Who cares about names anyway? I'm not one of those who really pay attention to them and unless some game of words can be made about them + the surnames (with Myson for ex it's impossible not to do something...lol) , i rarely find them funny.
Anyway, for me it will be Eiry, Ramahay etc...so. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55,915 Posts
delsa said:
:p What's wrong? Who cares about names anyway? I'm not one of those who really pay attention to them and unless some game of words can be made about them + the surnames (with Myson for ex it's impossible not to do something...lol) , i rarely find them funny.
Anyway, for me it will be Eiry, Ramahay etc...so. ;)
:lol:

I don't know. Foulques is just such an unusual-sounding name. It sticks out even if you don't particularly pay attention to names.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,958 Posts
silverwhite said:
:lol:

I don't know. Foulques is just such an unusual-sounding name. It sticks out even if you don't particularly pay attention to names.
Well, you know that like in many Fr names the three last letters are there only for "decoration" (lol) so that's doesn't sound that bad. ;)
But maybe you're right i shouldn't have put this one. I was just searching for exemples. Just another proof it's really forgotten and unpopular. :lol:
Let's get back to the subject of the Swiss team. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,930 Posts
Stevens Point said:
There isn't a single boss or dictator in the Swiss Davis Cup team.
Boss is not equal to dictator ;) . But I have difficulties to imagine anything in this team happening without Roger's consent. That's the price you pay if you have a superstar in a team competition.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top