Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me crazy, but I think that Gilles Muller could upset Roger Federer if he plays all his cards correctly. However, Muller is extremely inconsistent, so he better hope for a good day.

What I think he needs to do to win:
1. Hit wide angles that spin away from Federer on the ad court with his big lefty serve
2. Serve and volley as much as possible from the ad court and mix it up on second serves
3. Try to play forehand to backhand rallies
4. Mix up the pace and spin on serves as he did against Roddick
5. Try to end the point quickly with a go for broke winner if he is threatened to be in a defensive position

I have this gut feeling that the upset may happen, but who knows we could see a repeat of Indian Wells this year when Federer beat Muller 6-3 6-2.

Reactions: Jorge

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
You have guts.

Muller at least has a better chance against Federer than Ginepri, in my mind. ;)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet 10 bucks on Muller, if he wins I get close to $200. If he loses, it's $10 that I won''t miss.

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
if you could go to the travel agents or customs and exchange vcash for £, it would be a lot more tempting.

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Roger isn't Roddick! :lol:

Rogi will win in 2 set as in Indian Wells :)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Srichaphan has a shot if he can ride the home crowd and Hewitt plays like he has been for the last two matches.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Hewitt is always at his weakest this time of year. The fall indoor season does not bring Lleyton's best form.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
Of course he CAN win since this tourny is not the highest priority for Fed and I doubt he will show the same type of urgency in these matches that he has in others. It would still be a pretty big upset.

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
NYCtennisfan said:
Of course he CAN win since this tourny is not the highest priority for Fed and I doubt he will show the same type of urgency in these matches that he has in others. It would still be a pretty big upset.
Maybe so, but Roger doesn't enter tournaments just for the heck of it...he wants to win every tourny he enters. Plus he's still got records to chase and I think if he beats Muller (or gets to the final, I can't remember which is right) he'll have #1 locked up for the year.

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
federer will win but it's not going to be easy

·
Registered
12,744 Posts
I :worship: you,Grinder! ;)
I put some bets on Guilles too, :aplot: best of luck to him! :smooch:

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
RaDiCaLgIrL♥TR said:
I :worship: you,Grinder! ;)
I put some bets on Guilles too, :aplot: best of luck to him! :smooch:

:sobbing: I thought you and I were destined to go to Hawai to celebrate our honeymoon

1 - 20 of 70 Posts