Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn i miss the GOAT.
yes he lost alot to Bald but mainly on Clay and the stamina monster is nearly unbeatable on this dull Surface.
Other than that prime Fed is clearly soooo much better than these guys.
Dull is still a pusher, Djokovic is a choker when it matters most and Andy is just a straight up clown.
i hope some shot maker similar to Federer appears as soon as possible. tennis is o predictable and mostly boring these days.
the big three just isnt on prime feds level and never were, not even close:facepalm::facepalm:
Maybe after the disgusting Clay season we will see more exitement in the upcoming months??

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Dear diary...

·
Registered
21,287 Posts
I miss him too, but what can we do? Players cannot play at a high level forever, they decline. Younger players start taking over, then they retire, etc.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
damn i miss the GOAT.
yes he lost alot to Bald but mainly on Clay and the stamina monster is nearly unbeatable on this dull Surface.
Other than that prime Fed is clearly soooo much better than these guys.
Dull is still a pusher, Djokovic is a choker when it matters most and Andy is just a straight up clown.
i hope some shot maker similar to Federer appears as soon as possible. tennis is o predictable and mostly boring these days.
the big three just isnt on prime feds level and never were, not even close:facepalm::facepalm:
Maybe after the disgusting Clay season we will see more exitement in the upcoming months??
Resume:

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
What match do you like the most by now at FO? I did not see all matches but i can say Fed/Gulbis and Murray/Kolh were great . Halep is great player in WTA tennis,

·
Registered
21,404 Posts
I'm sure there will be another weak era vulture you can gloryhunt in the future :hug:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
He lost to Nadal on hard court too.

·
Registered
21,404 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Gotta say, I miss prime Nalby more. The one week a year he played at his absolute best were some of the most entertaining Tennis I've witnessed. No joke.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Gotta say, I miss prime Nalby more. The one week a year he played at his absolute best were some of the most entertaining Tennis I've witnessed. No joke.
He was awesome. But peak Roger was not too shabby either. Without saying anything bad about Rafa, Nole, and Andy, i wanna say this, i hope a talented shotmaker emerges soon too. If you think about it, this theoretical player is already late. The last all-time great talents that came true were Djokovic and Nadal, and that was more than a decade ago if i'm not mistaken (definitely more than a decade ago for Nadal). If we go by all-time great standards, and take a look at the previous decades, the next great player is very, very late to the party.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What match do you like the most by now at FO? I did not see all matches but i can say Fed/Gulbis and Murray/Kolh were great . Halep is great player in WTA tennis,
yeah those matches were good. novak vs Cilic was okay too despite the clownery.
then we had two ultimate Clown fests that were very entertaining: Monfils vs Fognini and Monfils vs Murray.
no suprise Monfils was involved in both:haha::haha::haha:

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
he peaked at Queens 2012 for sure

1 - 20 of 78 Posts