Mens Tennis Forums banner

I lost my backhand:(

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Albop 
#1 ·
Ok, so here's the story. I started playing tennis when I still lived in Israel, at the age of 10. I played very intensly till the age of 16, and did quite well - top 10 of my age group, third place in the nationals at one point.

Then, my zeal for tennis kinda dried up, and I stopped playing. In the meantime, I moved to the U.S, and now I'm a sophmore in college.

Anyway, I've since regained my love for tennis, and have started playing again. Anyway, the point of this story is:

I seem to have lost my backhand. I cannot seem to be able to hit it consistently at all, which is weird - my backhand, when I played often, was very solid. Everything else seems ok - Forehand, serve, voleys - all are still solid, but only the backhand is MIA.

Everyonce in a while it will start clicking again, but only for a match or too. I've even considered trying to switch to a one-hander, but that's kinda impractical, because I have no coach to teach me, unless I wait untill the summer when I can start taking some private lessons.

Anyway, I was hoping anyone here can have some advice for me - how can I get my old backhand back?:(

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, first and foremost if you cant find your backhand that your "satisfied" with then chances are there is a problem with the fundamentals of it. You may just need a refresher course from a pro.

Beware though, if you are doing something wrong with your backhand, hitting it incorrectly over and over will only dig you deeper.

I suggest getting a lesson with a GOOD pro who can fix that in one lesson (which shouldnt be a problem assuming you have played before and are used to taking instruction).

I wish I could give you more advice to help you but unfortunately I dont know anything about your stroke to help fix it!!

GOOD LUCK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.