Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The special one
14,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday after hitting the gym, I stopped off for some food at McDonalds. I see one of my friends sitting there that I haven't spoke to in ages, he's with a female that I've never met before. I approach him and say "hey how's it going" he then says "hey Chris not too bad, this is my sister, she's just told me she's expecting her first child"

So now instead of saying something like congratulations or good luck or something normal the first thing I said was "it's not yours is it?" now as soon as I said it I realised I might've crossed a line. My friend to his credit just sort of laughed it off and went "fuck you", he shares the same humour as me and probably would've came out with the same thing if it was the other way around (I don't have any siblings at all BTW) but she looked like she wanted to fucking kill me lol.

After that I made a quick get away with my chicken nuggets and milkshake still in one piece.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
:facepalm: This is just stupid.

Did we really need a whole thread for this?

·
The special one
14,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:facepalm: This is just stupid.

Did we really need a whole thread for this?
Welcome back Chico, it's been a long time. Glad to see you still have the same sense of humour as a cement truck. :lol:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Welcome back Chico, it's been a long time. Glad to see you still have the same sense of humour as a cement truck. :lol:
This has nothing with a sense of humor, but only with common human decency. You just don't say stupid things like that when someone say they are expecting a child.

And you think you "might have crossed a line". :facepalm: No wonder his sister was completely pissed.

Also this really does not deserve a separate thread at all.

·
Registered
704 Posts
So yesterday after hitting the gym, I stopped off for some food at McDonalds. I see one of my friends sitting there that I haven't spoke to in ages, he's with a female that I've never met before. I approach him and say "hey how's it going" he then says "hey Chris not too bad, this is my sister, she's just told me she's expecting her first child"

So now instead of saying something like congratulations or good luck or something normal the first thing I said was "it's not yours is it?" now as soon as I said it I realised I might've crossed a line. My friend to his credit just sort of laughed it off and went "fuck you", he shares the same humour as me and probably would've came out with the same thing if it was the other way around (I don't have any siblings at all BTW) but she looked like she wanted to fucking kill me lol.

After that I made a quick get away with my chicken nuggets and milkshake still in one piece.
My concern would have been this though

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
This has nothing with a sense of humor, but only with common human decency. You just don't say stupid things like that when someone say they are expecting a child.

And you think you "might have crossed a line". :facepalm: No wonder his sister was completely pissed.

Also this really does not deserve a separate thread at all.
I bet you're the life and soul of the party :lol:

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Brain farts occasionally.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
I bet you're the life and soul of the party :lol:
1. This has nothing to do with partying. You don't party by telling people they impregnated their sisters when they share the happy news she is pregnant. :facepalm: That is simply rude, inconsiderate and borderline disgusting.
2. Usually I am the coolest guy at the party. Just like here. Not my fault. :shrug:
3. Why is this thread worthy?

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
1. This has nothing to do with partying. You don't party by telling people they impregnated their sisters when they share the happy news she is pregnant. :facepalm: That is simply rude, inconsiderate and borderline disgusting.
2. Usually I am the coolest guy at the party. Just like here. Not my fault. :shrug:
3. Why is this thread worthy?
1. It's a figure of speech, an expression if you will. Purely by the fact you've taken it literally shows me you're uncool and devoid of humour.
2. If you re-read the OP you would see that cmchelsea didn't tell him that, it was technically a question. Moreover any rational person can see that it wasn't a serious statement? Further, it wasn't even meant. the humour here comes from the mistake, not the actual statement. I can see you've missed the point entirely.
3. It's a non-tennis thread in the non-tennis section, doesn't break any rules. You've obviously felt it worthy enough to post. Probably more worthy than yet another GOAT debate (for the ten millionth time).

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
:facepalm:

1. That was not a "figure of speech", nor has anything to do with humor. The sister being pissed off speaks enough about it. It was just a stupid and completely wrong thing to say.
2. Still coolest at the party. :shrug: You failed in getting the point completely.
3. Still not thread worthy at all.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Oh man, you're almost as subtle as Mr. Bean :lol: Next time try asking your female boss if she's pregnant (when she's not).

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts