Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The reason is... I believe Novak will be in the final.... the current way he is playing is at about 85% of his peak form.

nadal won't touch him on grass in the semis so expect novak to win

That will improve on the way to the finals, and expect him to be in his peak form if that happens and in grand slam finals... federer cannot overcome novak... novak refuses to lose.

Many people will wonder how Federer 2.0 will do against novak.. if only it was 2017

Federer also has kind of a cakewalk to the final bar people like raonic. he had a fairly similar draw in terms he wasn't pushed and breezed into the final in 2014/2015 while in good form and lost both. If it is federer and novak in the finals i dont think Federer can win.. if nole is playing his best.. and if he is in the final he will be.. nole would need to go off for fed to have a chance to win. True nole hasnt played anyone yet.. really.. but he is dominating the people he does play like he used to and that will only boost his confidence.

Some concerning things in his last match, was dominating the game then going to sleeep for the last 2 sets.. he hasn't done that since 2016 before the resurgence, making silly unforced errors slicing the ball more.. falling asleep mid-match and mugging to the win just and it shows that he isn't playing with that high level of aggression and confidence he had last year. and he will need to find that again if he has a chance at winning Wimbledon this year.. its not the same as last year he never came across a novak or rafa one of those big players.

Right now i see a vulnerable fed who is beatable.. and one, if he comes accross novak, will loose.

SO PRAY Nadal takes him out in the semis... PRAY... cause Federer vs Nadal in the finals... IS much much much more winnable.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Que sera sera. Try not to think about it :smile2: I know I’m very unhelpful but we can’t will Federer to play differently. He might not even reach the final

What we know is he will do his best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts