Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't confuse your loved ones with this my dear community. When you're in love just being close is enough to make you feel complete, but I'm talking about friends with no love or lust involved.

I feel female friends slow me down in general. I'm more of an adventurer and from expierence they cant seem to keep up. I always hear complaints, sure we can talk about games of thrones and laugh, but series wont hold my mood. They can provide a good conversation, but I'm not that type of guy. I'm a competitor and adventurer. I can beat my female friends without a cue stick, don't let me start on games.

This year I have booked a tour to Italy going through Pisa, Florance, Venecia, Rome and Napoli. We are going to explore the cities for a whole day.
I have a problem now, one of my female friends oveheard this information and wants to come with us. She won't stop bothering me. I dont know how to explain this to her without hurting her feelings. The last time I brought a female friend felt like I was carrying her in a wheelbarrow, not to mention I had to pay most of the time. In adventure movies you see women as one of the lead characters, but in reality it feels different. Ofcourse the woman in movie also falls in love with the alpha male and have sex, which isnt the case here, so I dont see any benefit bringing my friend along.

How do I tell her this? Maybe you guys have a different expierence which could help me out.

I'm staying 18 days in Italy. The point was that I'm going to be active for the most part of the day. I dont want anyone slowing me down.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Don't confuse your loved ones with this my dear community. When you're in love just being close is enough to make you feel complete, but I'm talking about friends with no love or lust involved.

I feel female friends slow me down in general. I'm more of an adventurer and from expierence they cant seem to keep up. I always hear complaints, sure we can talk about games of thrones and laugh, but series wont hold my mood. They can provide a good conversation, but I'm not that type of guy. I'm a competitor and adventurer. I can beat my female friends without a cue stick, don't let me start on games.

This year I have booked a tour to Italy going through Pisa, Florance, Venecia, Rome and Napoli. We are going to explore the cities for a whole day.
I have a problem now, one of my female friends oveheard this information and wants to come with us. She won't stop bothering me. I dont know how to explain this to her without hurting her feelings. The last time I brought a female friend felt like I was carrying her in a wheelbarrow, not to mention I had to pay most of the time. In adventure movies you see women as one of the lead characters, but in reality it feels different. Ofcourse the woman in movie also falls in love with the alpha male and have sex, which isnt the case here, so I dont see any benefit bringing my friend along.

How do I tell her this? Maybe you guys have a different expierence which could help me out.
Outside of my girlfriend, which is obviously a different relationship dynamic, I have very few female friends, and I think you may have touched on why here.
I've been friends with several girls, but you're right, what I'm doing never seems to hold their interest much, and vice-versa.

So yeah, I think they're boring + They think I'm boring + No sex to make it worthwhile = I hang around with very few girls on the friendship level.

Good thread.
It does happen occasionally, even for you. :D

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Lol, even a whole week isn't enough for Rome. I was there for a three days and I still feel like I haven't seen enough. Just for Vatican you need almost a whole day because the waiting lines are insane.

A few years ago I actually had more female than male friends, but now it's the opposite. They really can get boring. So, I guess I can relate.

Anyway, have a nice trip.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, even a whole week isn't enough for Rome. I was there for a three days and I still feel like I haven't seen enough.

A few years ago I actually had more female than male friends, but now it's the opposite. They really can get boring. So, I guess I can relate.

Anyway, have a nice trip.
I'm staying 18 days in Italy. The point was that I'm going to be active for the most part of the day. I dont want anyone slowing me down.

·
Registered
6,877 Posts

For fuck's sake, be a man, be honest, and tell her "Thanks, but no."

·
Super Moderator
9,407 Posts
Didn't read it, because it was too long. But you're deffo right, most of the female friends are just different than us resp. don't like tennis, football and so on. As trolltennis once posted, if you find a girl who can explain you the wimbledon's seedings, marry her.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I get on better with girls than guys on a personal level

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It sounds like you are going with some male friends, just tell her it's a guys only trip, if she can't understand than it's not your problem.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't read it, because it was too long. But you're deffo right, most of the female friends are just different than us resp. don't like tennis, football and so on. As trolltennis once posted, if you find a girl who can explain you the wimbledon's seedings, marry her.
Sig worthy right there.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
One of those situations where pure honesty won't work out too well for ya. People don't often take too kindly to a friend telling them they're like unnecessary carry-on luggage.

Best be honest about some stuff though. Like how much you'll be on your feet walking around each city with not much sleep etc, and that you feel the trip might be rough on her. Just bring it up in casual conversation. See how she reacts to it.

Reactions: octatennis

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Will soon read your post after this tennis day :yeah:
I know sometimes I post crap, but this one is from personal expierence, maybe you will get to know the real me. I recommend it. :yeah:

It sounds like you are going with some male friends, just tell her it's a guys only trip, if she can't understand than it's not your problem.
That's actualy briliant and its the truth in a way... :worship:

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of those situations where pure honesty won't work out too well for ya. People don't often take too kindly to a friend telling them they're like unnecessary carry-on luggage.

Best be honest about some stuff though. Like how much you'll be on your feet walking around each city with not much sleep etc, and that you feel the trip might be rough on her. Just bring it up in casual conversation. See how she reacts to it.
Trust me, I described this trip as a path to hell, she was still eager to go. Now I actualy feel bad...

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Have you ever actually been on a trip with this girl? Or are you just assuming she's going to be a burden?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,342 Posts
I find this rather amusing like something out of Friends.

Surely having a girl in the group couldn't be THAT bad. I have several girls in my social group (alongside guys) so it doesn't make a difference to me. Look the best way to go about is to ask her to find some of her own friends to accompany youif you don't mind that (I'd just say even out the gender if you could to not make it awkward for her), or have her figure out a girl trip, or if you really do mind you could say you've pre booked or something like that, and can't change the spots. But means you have to make it up to her somewhat.

·
Rankings Master
16,039 Posts
Are you hiking or something? Otherwise, I don't see a problem taking female friends around exploring cities. Most love that very much, they won't even care about being tired. See how much she enjoys this. I say even make her take a "test". Have a walk downtown and back with her and your group, a whole day of hanging out around town, see how she reacts. My group was mixed, males and females, the females in that group could race the guys to the top of a mountain. Not all women are alike, some may be lazy (just like men), the idea is to not generalize.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

Is your "friend" good looking? If yes than the answer is obvious. ;)

·
Registered
21,931 Posts
The problem I have with women is that the big majority of them are only funny when they do or say something stupid. And when you do come across the rare genuinely funny one, you're not interested in friendship, but immediately want to marry her.

·
Registered
765 Posts

you need to get out more.....Sounds like your making friends with the modern generation type of female, you need to surround yourself with older females who are more wise and insightful.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts