Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or has almost every match been a total snoozefest? What happened to fighting spirit and tough matches?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In fact I feel the women's draw has had a few more good battles even though they only play best of three. The men are playing best of five but are just giving up.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Robredo v Coric

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Roland Garros this year has been a real bore, so far. Hopefully things will get nasty and entertaining (not in a circus kind of way, thank you very much) in the 2nd week.

·
23,796 Posts
Yeah, even though there were some 5-Setters none of them felt (except for the ones above) like it's exciting. Many of the non-Top 16 seeds have been gone, meaning the "dark horses" are out and the favorites on paper had a good draw. I would say I enjoyed the drama of Monfils-Cuevas. That was crazy stuff.

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Well I was talking about top players... I did not specify that though. I am sure there are a few random close matches but mostly it has been a total bore!
Top players are rarely threatened the first three rounds, that's not special for this year.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
yeah,this years french open hasnt been very exciting so far.australian open was better. hopefully wimbledon and US will have more drama and more exciting matches

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Well I was talking about top players... I did not specify that though. I am sure there are a few random close matches but mostly it has been a total bore!
:rolleyes: Really, dude? Of course the top players will rarely be threatened in the early rounds. That's why you watch the other matches!

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
How can top players be bothered in the first rounds with "competitive matches"?

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,322 Posts
You haven't been watching...plenty of 5 setters.

Here are just a few:

Tomic-Kokk
Verdasco-Becker
Andujar-Kohli
Monfils-Cuevas
Simon-Mahut
Monfils-Schwartzman
Ferrer even...(Bolelli - but Bolelli folded in 4th and 5th)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
There are always many very competitive, great matches at GS´s. One just needs to know what matches to pay attention to. The best matches are usually between a couple of lower ranked players. I rarely watch top players´ first two-three matches because they usually are boring as hell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts