Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Then vegetarians who don't eat meat because they think they are murdering animals are flaming woke virtue-signalling hypocrites. A life is created at conception. An egg is a living creature, eating an egg is eating meat.
Even if we go by your criterion, as has already been pointed out hens used in commercial egg production will lay eggs REGARDLESS of if a male is present.
The eggs are not fertilized and thus "conception" has not occurred.

If you insist on equalizing to humans, then think of it this way. Women of childbearing age will menstruate i.e. produce a viable egg, every two weeks REGARDLESS of if the woman has intercourse or not. If the egg is not fertilized within a certain period, the uterus says "Oh well" and discards everything, ready to start over.
But, given the tone of your rant one suspects that you have no idea how female reproduction works (YUCKY!) in humans let alone chickens.

·
RAVE ON
20,220 Posts
Then vegetarians who don't eat meat because they think they are murdering animals are flaming woke virtue-signalling hypocrites. A life is created at conception. An egg is a living creature, eating an egg is eating meat.
LOL, woke is something you are not. The eggs we eat are not fertilized. An egg is not a living creature.

(Of which just about every other poster seems to be well aware).

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Yes, I do think vegetarians who eat eggs and milk are hypocrites because they both are produced out of animals' belly and with the help of animal flesh. They basically consume them for their own convenience and to suit their agenda because they need that energy, vitamins, etc. that come from eggs and milk.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Yes, I do think vegetarians who eat eggs and milk are hypocrites because they both are produced out of animals' belly and with the help of animal flesh. They basically consume them for their own convenience and to suit their agenda because they need that energy, vitamins, etc. that come from eggs and milk.
Everybody has to work. Even the chickens. Hens, eggs are ethical

·
Registered
624 Posts
hmmm, plants are animal too. we shouldn't eat them either then. What makes a chicken more important than a tree?

So the question occurs, what the hell, then, do we eat?

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
Mathieu sounds like a vegan critic of vegetarianism, calling them out for being insufficiently radical in their rejection of animal agriculture. I don't think any vegan has ever referred to an unfertilised egg as a "living creature", though. :ROFLMAO: The main vegan critique of the dairy and egg industries pertains to the mistreatment and exploitation of the animals, not the actual product. I'm surprised anyone needs that spelled out.

There is of course nothing 'woke' (i.e. left-wing) about veganism per se, as you can show by reference to awful white nationalists like Ben Klassen and Matthew Hale following vegan diets. Veganism has even become a propaganda asset for the Israel Defense Forces when it tries to brand itself internationally as a progressive, enlightened institution.

·
RAVE ON
20,220 Posts
So you think vegetarians should not eat any plants grown with the help of natural manure?

·
justice for all
19,590 Posts
hmmm, plants are animal too. we shouldn't eat them either then. What makes a chicken more important than a tree?

So the question occurs, what the hell, then, do we eat?
According to some extremists we should prolly eat only artificial food. That wouldn't be very healthy though...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Doesn't change the fact there's no life in them
Yes, there is no life in those eggs BECAUSE of humans. I don't care either way, but if someone is vegetarian because they don't wish to harm animals but then eat eggs, they're a giant hypocrite.

·
Premium Member
11,757 Posts
Yes, there is no life in those eggs BECAUSE of humans. I don't care either way, but if someone is vegetarian because they don't wish to harm animals but then eat eggs, they're a giant hypocrite.
Not really as the chickens aren't harmed / laying eggs isn't harmful to them, or sth they can avoid

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Not really as the chickens aren't harmed / laying eggs isn't harmful to them, or sth they can avoid
I'm talking about the eggs that haven't been fertilized, a life that could be was lost by the practise of isolating roosters, the person in the tweet is directly contributing to that loss of life but claims to be doing it for the animals, he's either hypocritical or ignorant.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts