Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what the three big fanbases think about Janni Sinner?

For example, I am a Federer fan and I support Sinner.

I am a Djokovic fan and I do not support Sinner.

I get it's too early to really become dedicated but would you be ok to transition into a Sinner? Or are you going to stick with another nextgenner?

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Big 3 cannot be found

·
Registered
12,643 Posts
I am a Nadal fan and I support Sinner.

He's free to win all but 2 slams from here on out ;)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I am not really a fan of the big 3 even if Federer has always been one of my favourites, but he is not top one. But I am now a fan of Sinner. He became my favourite player of the next gen in the recent weeks. When I saw him twice live in Antwerp a couple of weeks ago, I was really under the charm of his game. I also like his personality, he is a good kid, calm, well educated, respectful.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Finally a young bright prospect brought MTF to consensus, and Hypechi must ruin it. Tsk... Tsk...

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
OP comes up with the most clunky threads on MTF. I mean Jannik is still largely an unknown quantity on the tour and yet this guy wants Big 3 fans to pontificate on him..

·
Registered
540 Posts
I am a Federer fan and I support Sinner right up until the point he beats Roger in an important match, whereupon I do not support Sinner, until he subsequently faces Rafa or Novak in an important final, whereupon I support Sinner, whereupon should he lose I cease to support Sinner and instead declare him to be a mug or a choker or a general worthless piece of trash, but should he win I declare my undying support and love for Sinner.

·
justice for all
11,658 Posts
For now I’ll support him cause all next gen players need support but my favourites among next genners will remain Shapovalov and Tsitsipas.

What will happen in 5 years it’s tough to say but my guess is we’ll have new big fanbases of most successful players (whoever they’ll be) hating each other exactly like today we have BIG3 fanbases.

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally a young bright prospect brought MTF to consensus, and Hypechi must ruin it. Tsk... Tsk...
OP comes up with the most clunky threads on MTF. I mean Jannik is still largely an unknown quantity on the tour and yet this guy wants Big 3 fans to pontificate on him..
Hypechi has no breaks. It's more exciting to drum up discussion about nextGen in comparison to most other discussions. We all get that Rafa, Nadal and Djokovic are going to win this , win that.... so let's talk about the future.
@PileDrive , of course he is an unknown at the moment, but you can still get an initial reaction of where you might be with him in the not so far future.

So what do you think?

·
Premium Member
9,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For now I’ll support him cause all next gen players need support but my favourites among next genners will remain Shapovalov and Tsitsipas.

What will happen in 5 years it’s tough to say but my guess is we’ll have new big fanbases of most successful players (whoever they’ll be) hating each other exactly like today we have BIG3 fanbases.
The truth is many of us have to either transition to NextGen or maybe tennis will end for some after Djokovic , Federer, Nadal?

·
Registered
28,553 Posts
I like Sinner and I support him, but I pretty much support all NextGen players :tape:

Shapo is perhaps my fave out of them but I just want the kids to succeed on the big stage, I don't really care who does it. The Generation Useless years were so boring.

Jannik has a lot of talent though, the easy power on his backhand and his ability to change direction off it... I almost get Safin flashbacks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am a tennis fan as of now and I support Sinner.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts