Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[URL="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=297560285&albumID=0&imageID=2610475"]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=297560285&albumID=0&imageID=2609689[/URL]
[/IMG][/IMG]It happenned at the Petrobras qualies here in Bogota. On october 13 , Ghem played against a french guy who double faults like crazy named Arnaud Delgado. In one of the first games of the match Delgado hit a ball Ghem had no chance of getting to, however he still decided to make a desperate attempt at it wich landed right on the left side of my face (i was in charge of calling the right side line) and forced me to retire from the match and the entire tournament. I decided to post this cos i think what happenned to me is pretty rare (i've been watching tennis for 4 and a half years and never saw a line judge getting struck by a raquet rather than a ball) and it's also a warning to all you line judges out there: beware of small qualy courts with insufficient space and guys who like to play way back behind the baseline (like this brazilian clown), this is no joke, just look at these pics from the day after the "attack".http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=297560285&albumID=0&imageID=2609689

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts
He didn't do a very good job, did he?

Hope your head feels better soon. You'd think he would have looked where he was going more...

·
F***ing have it
17,677 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Am I not suppose to be laughing at this?:tape:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I'd say someone who was recklessly clumsy can be accused of being a clown.

Swinging raquets blindly near people's faces is certainly clumsy and reckless.

The brazialan aspect is neither here nor there though...

·
MONSOON season.
82,478 Posts
:shrug: I am sure he didn't do this on purpose :shrug:

It's a tennis match. In fact, I'd say it's commendable that Ghem fought to get that ball back. It's certainly better to see than players who don't even bother to fight. And line judges should always be on guard. The reason we don't really see incidents like this happen, is because most line judges actually manage to get out in time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am sure he didn't do this on purpose

It's a tennis match. In fact, I'd say it's commendable that Ghem fought to get that ball back. It's certainly better to see than players who don't even bother to fight. And line judges should always be on guard. The reason we don't really see incidents like this happen, is because most line judges actually manage to get out in time.
yeah right, so this happenned because i wasnt on guard??!! that's pretty ridiculous cause i can assure you that i always am!!! it's just there was no way i could have had enough time to duck because it wasn't a regular top-spin shot, it was more of a squash shot, a hopeless lunge (very fast swing) wich gave no time to do anything, really i didn't even see it coming at all cause i was obviously focused on the ball and my line (as any line judge would be during a rally), I only realized what had happenned when i felt it hit. Beleieve me, i have experience and i've never had any problem dodging balls, it's not as though i was careless in any way or poorly positioned. So it's easy to put the blame on me if you have no idea what happenned but you should reckon you're speaking from ignorance. The poster who described Ghem as reckless and clumpsy was spot on and you, my friend, don't know what you're saying.

·
MONSOON season.
82,478 Posts
yeah right, so this happenned because i wasnt on guard??!! that's pretty ridiculous cause i can assure you that i always am!!! it's just there was no way i could have had enough time to duck because it wasn't a regular top-spin shot, it was more of a squash shot, a hopeless lunge (very fast swing) wich gave no time to do anything, really i didn't even see it coming at all cause i was obviously focused on the ball and my line (as any line judge would be during a rally), I only realized what had happenned when i felt it hit. Beleieve me, i have experience and i've never had any problem dodging balls, it's not as though i was careless in any way or poorly positioned. So it's easy to put the blame on me if you have no idea what happenned but you should reckon you're speaking from ignorance. The poster who described Ghem as reckless and clumpsy was spot on and you, my friend, don't know what you're saying.
Even if you had no chance to duck, I wonder how you can blame Ghem. If you play tennis yourself, you know that you don't have the back of the court in the back of your mind, so when you try to reach for a ball, you don't take into consideration what is happening behind you. You are making it sound as if he purposely hurt you, and I am seriously questioning that.

Reactions: Kristen

·
Banned
31,496 Posts
[URL="http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=297560285&albumID=0&imageID=2610475"]http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=297560285&albumID=0&imageID=2609689[/URL]
[/IMG][/IMG]It happenned at the Petrobras qualies here in Bogota. On october 13 , Ghem played against a french guy who double faults like crazy named Arnaud Delgado. In one of the first games of the match Delgado hit a ball Ghem had no chance of getting to, however he still decided to make a desperate attempt at it wich landed right on the left side of my face (i was in charge of calling the right side line) and forced me to retire from the match and the entire tournament. I decided to post this cos i think what happenned to me is pretty rare (i've been watching tennis for 4 and a half years and never saw a line judge getting struck by a raquet rather than a ball) and it's also a warning to all you line judges out there: beware of small qualy courts with insufficient space and guys who like to play way back behind the baseline (like this brazilian clown), this is no joke, just look at these pics from the day after the "attack".http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=297560285&albumID=0&imageID=2609689
Haha

1 - 20 of 31 Posts