Serena's serve
Monica's return
Graf's forehand
Henin's backhand
Navratilova's net game
Hingis' tactical abilities
Clijsters' mobility
Evert' mentality

do on the ATP tour? Top 500, top 200, 100?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Interesting question, but very hard to say. Probably 100 in the world? Also does it depend on the surface? would they do worse on clay, where power is more of an advantage? I feel like such a player would do OK in Wimbledon if they can avoid the Isners of the world.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting question, but very hard to say. Probably 100 in the world? Also does it depend on the surface? would they do worse on clay, where power is more of an advantage? I feel like such a player would do OK in Wimbledon if they can avoid the Isners of the world.
Yes, perhaps slight adjustments for different surfaces. For clay maybe Stosur's or Mary Pierce's forehand, and also I would add Dementieva's endurance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maybe 500.

Power, endurance and speed will still be lacking nevertheless compared to the male players.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe 500.

Power, endurance and speed will still be lacking nevertheless compared to the male players.
I don't think that endurance would be a big issue, but speed and especially power definitely would. However, quickness(e.g. Coetzer), anticipation(Radwanska) and reflexes(Date) help - if you read the game accurately, react well and use the power of your opponent, you can compensate for your inferior physique to a certain extent.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Can’t compare WTA and ATP. Men just have too much of a physical advantage on women so this player wouldn’t even be top 1000.

·
10,396 Posts
Maybe if Serena's serve , plus Serena's power across the board , this player could have a chance in top 100. But if only Serena's serve they would be 500 at best and slugging it out on challenger tour.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wouldn't make the top 1000, the difference between men and women is simply too vast. At the athletics World Championships in Doha last year, there was a mixed 4x400 relay; the men just absolutely smoked the women, even when they had head starts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wouldn't make the top 1000, the difference between men and women is simply too vast. At the athletics World Championships in Doha last year, there was a mixed 4x400 relay; the men just absolutely smoked the women, even when they had head starts.

Yes but tennis is also about skill, tactics and mentality. Sometimes physically inferior men, win against physically superior men. The same happens on the WTA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts