Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

''Three teams from the Crimea to start in Russian football competitions. Fifa and Uefa allow this to happen - and thus recognize the annexation of the peninsula. Sanctions do not seem to apply to Vladimir Putin.''

Article in german http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fifa-und-die-krim-klubs-lieber-in-putins-naehe-1.2085801

Note that, they don't recognize Kosovar league, (which a country recognized by 110 UN member states) and nor allow Kosovar teams to play European competitions.

Discuss.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
So should both Crimean and Kosovar be recognized or should both be denied according to international law.. Can anyone tell me what the law says.. Serious question..

·
Registered
3,617 Posts

''Three teams from the Crimea to start in Russian football competitions. Fifa and Uefa allow this to happen - and thus recognize the annexation of the peninsula. Sanctions do not seem to apply to Vladimir Putin.''

Article in german http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/fifa-und-die-krim-klubs-lieber-in-putins-naehe-1.2085801

Note that, they don't recognize Kosovar league, (which a country recognized by 100 UN member states) and nor allow Kosovar teams to play European competitions.

Discuss.
Double standards?

BTW - there are 15 million Kurds in Turkey only, and they don't have their national state anywhere in the world.

If the US starts supporting the establishment of Kurdistan in Iraq, (they seem to favor such solution these days, I may be wrong though), and the Kurds manage to fulfill their ancient dream, is Turkey going to be happy to recognize the new state of Kurds?

I think this should be at least as important question for you as the one you asked.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Some argue that the political and economic strangulation of Kosovo serves Serbia's interests, as would allowing Serbian Kosovo to join the EU, so that Kosovars would have the luxury of leaving for England in search of jobs, possibly every last one of them. That's what some people say,

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Double standards?

BTW - there are 15 million Kurds in Turkey only, and they don't have their national state anywhere in the world.

If the US starts supporting the establishment of Kurdistan in Iraq, (they seem to favor such solution these days, I may be wrong though), and the Kurds manage to fulfill their ancient dream, is Turkey going to be happy to recognize the new state of Kurds?

I think this should be at least as important question for you as the one you asked.
Yeah I would respect that if they (Kurds of Turkey) want to leave us. But they (Kurdistan in Iraq, or Kurds of Turkey) still didn't declare independence, so there is no state let alone a national team. Kosovo is an independent state since Feb, 2008.

Some argue that the political and economic strangulation of Kosovo serves Serbia's interests, as would allowing Serbian Kosovo to join the EU, so that Kosovars would have the luxury of leaving for England in search of jobs, possibly every last one of them. That's what some people say,
Can you collaborate this?

·
Registered
8,950 Posts

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
And I would respect that if they (Kurds of Turkey) want to leave us. But they still didn't declare independence, so there is no state let alone a national team. Kosovo is an independent state since Feb, 2007.
There is no way they can leave you - they are not even recognized as a separate entity in Turkey. If they asked for a referendum they would probably be accused of high treason, as you well know. In Serbia, Kosovo used to be an autonomous province. So, it's not really probable that it would happen in Turkey. My question was - what do you think Turkey will do if the new Kurdish state in Iraq is proclaimed, is Turkey going to recognize it? Just your opinion.

http://www.thetower.org/article/freedom-for-the-kurds-now/

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol,,,say's who?
Diaspora :facepalm:

There is no way they can leave you - they are not even recognized as a separate entity in Turkey. If they asked for a referendum they would probably be accused of high treason, as you well know. In Serbia, Kosovo used to be an autonomous province. So, it's not really probable that it would happen in Turkey. My question was - what do you think Turkey will do if the new Kurdish state in Iraq is proclaimed, is Turkey going to recognize it? Just your opinion.

http://www.thetower.org/article/freedom-for-the-kurds-now/
Well, no need to autonomous province, if you (i mean Kurds) want to leave, and believe that your people want to leave Turkey, make a border, and set the army, leave us de facto. And i would respect that, but it seems they still want to live with us.

Your question, well of course i wouldn't expect my country to recognize them immediately if they declare independence, but there is a process in these problems in the history, so who knows..

Thread is irrevelent about recognized countries anyway, there is a double standards by FIFA clearly, could be seen on Kosovo - Crimea issues. Just wanted to share and get opinions.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Says the guy from the country whose prime minister compared Israel to Hiter.

Turkish Prime Minister: Israel Has ‘Surpassed What Hitler Did To Them’
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/07/25/turkish-prime-minister-israel-has-surpassed-what-hitler-did-to-them/

Don't you ever ever ever talk about hypocrisy. I don't agree with lot of stuff that happened in Gaza but to compare the Jews to Nazis is quite a stretch ... hypocrisy on this forum is quite amazing. The Spanish act like saints while watching bullfighting, the Turkish complain about Russia but hate the Jews and the Americans talk about freedom and kill women and children, innocent ones, with drone. Most of you people disgust me ... really

·
Banned
3,862 Posts

Note that, they don't recognize Kosovar league, (which a country recognized by 110 UN member states) and nor allow Kosovar teams to play European competitions.

Discuss.
I agree & support.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
:lol:

So i'm responsible for what my PM said? Whom i never voted or will vote for? lol

If you want to share your opinion on the issue, be my guest, but you speak nonsense.
If the head of my country was a raving anti-Semite, I would speak on that before trying to blame Russia or take Ukraine's side. Yes. What has happened in Russia is what it is. But as an American, I am more concerned with our drones killing people and our NSA doing crazy things, and I speak on those all the time. Did you post a thread denouncing someone you didn't vote for but represents your country? I did not see that. But you had time to blame Russia, FIFA, or whomever you are blaming here ... it doesn't even matter.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Diaspora :facepalm:

Well, no need to autonomous province, if you (i mean Kurds) want to leave, and believe that your people want to leave Turkey, make a border, and set the army, leave us de facto. And i would respect that, but it seems they still want to live with us.

Your question, well of course i wouldn't expect my country to recognize them immediately if they declare independence, but there is a process in these problems in the history, so who knows..

Thread is irrevelent about recognized countries anyway, there is a double standards by FIFA clearly, could be seen on Kosovo - Crimea issues. Just wanted to share and get opinions.
Thanks for the answer ne znam ali mozda ;)

Yeah, this is a question for another thread. Sorry for the massive off topic but I can't help it.

I guess you are one of the secular and liberal Istanbul guys, maybe a bit nationalistic but still cosmopolitan, the city itself is great and cosmopolitan.

I was in Turkey 4-5 times and I love the country. During my 1st visit Ataturk was everywhere, during my last visit in May last year, just before the riots, I noticed much less of Ataturk pictures, even in Istanbul.

By the style of rule, Erdogan reminds me much of Milosevic. If he does not address the burning internal issues, instead of sweeping them under the rug as he has been doing, there will be problems inside and outside. Democracy is not the rule of majority, it's the rule of law and protection of human rights.

As for Kurds, I think we should talk when they at least achieve the right to use their own language at least in primary schools, no one knows how many of them there are or what they want - officially, they don't even exist as Kurds. Pretending they don't exist won't make them disappear though.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks for the answer ne znam ali mozda ;)

Yeah, this is a question for another thread. Sorry for the massive off topic but I can't help it.

I guess you are one of the secular and liberal Istanbul guys, maybe a bit nationalistic but still cosmopolitan, the city itself is great and cosmopolitan.

I was in Turkey 4-5 times and I love the country. During my 1st visit Ataturk was everywhere, during my last visit in May last year, just before the riots, I noticed much less of Ataturk pictures, even in Istanbul.

By the style of rule, Erdogan reminds me much of Milosevic. If he does not address the burning internal issues, instead of sweeping them under the rug as he has been doing, there will be problems inside and outside. Democracy is not the rule of majority, it's the rule of law and protection of human rights.

As for Kurds, I think we should talk when they at least achieve the right to use their own language at least in primary schools, no one knows how many of them there are or what they want - officially, they don't even exist as Kurds. Pretending they don't exist won't make them disappear though.
Yes, I'm liberal :), always respect the principle self determination of nations.

Thanks for compliments about my city, feel mega lucky to live here in Istanbul. Well, bad news about Erdogan, he is now President. His diktat will outgrow now, islamic and reppresive head of my country :eek: Gezi Parkı protests back in June 2013, would be the turning point for our democracy, but we missed it, or he escaped successfully, with convincing his voters it was a global conspiracy towards him and his gov by USA and EU lol.

I also loved Belgrade!, only once been there, July 2007, simply amazed by green and Danube Sava. People were also warm and met great friendliness from them when i said i'm from Turska :) Hope to be back there soon.

Serbia is doing well, (despite economic problems and Nikolic himself) but Kosovo name is still taboo, even for Liberal serbians, i assume. Never expect recognition from Serbia now, (don't think the gov there would continue 1 or 2 more days because of the pressure if they did this :D) But some aggrement between Serbian and Albanians, could be great for the future.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Yes, I'm liberal :), always respect the principle self determination of nations.

Thanks for compliments about my city, feel mega lucky to live here in Istanbul. Well, bad news about Erdogan, he is now President. His diktat will outgrow now, islamic and reppresive head of my country :eek: Gezi Parkı protests back in June 2013, would be the turning point for our democracy, but we missed it, or he escaped successfully, with convincing his voters it was a global conspiracy towards him and his gov by USA and EU lol.

I also loved Belgrade!, only once been there, July 2007, simply amazed by green and Danube Sava. People were also warm and met great friendliness from them when i said i'm from Turska :) Hope to be back there soon.

Serbia is doing well, (despite economic problems and Nikolic himself) but Kosovo name is still taboo, even for Liberal serbians, i assume. Never expect recognition from Serbia now, (don't think the gov there would continue 1 or 2 more days because of the pressure if they did this :D) But some aggrement between Serbian and Albanians, could be great for the future.

I once said that Belgrade is an illegitimate son of Vienna and Istanbul.;)
A political party in Serbia that would recognize Kosovo would probably be dead the same second.:)
But that's one thing. First we must repair broken bridges with our Albanian neighbors. We must try to make the life easier for all people in the region not to make it harder. If you have good relations with your neighbors and prosperous economy, borders really don't mean much.

If you ask me, sure I would like Kosovo as part of my country, but not like during Milosevic. When you manage to turn 90% of some ethnic group against you, as we did with Albanians, this is what happens. He also tried to pretend that Albanians and their interests didn't exist, just sweeping all the problem under the rug, and ruling with iron hand. Can't do that any more in this era and in the middle of Europe. You can try.
And then when I think how much money would go to the army and police in Kosovo when you have such hostile local population...I don't know.

I also think Serbia is doing well right now, despite economy and Nikolic.:D But really, Nikolic in Serbia does not have much political weight, his role is more ceremonial. The Prime Minister is No 1 in Serbia. I don't worry at all about economy if we have peace and stability, and a good judiciary system. If we manage to establish and maintain that we will do well, I don't doubt that.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
I once said that Belgrade is an illegitimate son of Vienna and Istanbul.;)
A political party in Serbia that would recognize Kosovo would probably be dead the same second.:)
But that's one thing. First we must repair broken bridges with our Albanian neighbors. We must try to make the life easier for all people in the region not to make it harder. If you have good relations with your neighbors and prosperous economy, borders really don't mean much.
It would be dead the same second because your countrymen who have their heads screwed on right, and even the mindless diaspora know that serbs gave the albanians everything before slobo came to power. What did they get in return? Treason, violence and insurrection. You omit those facts.

Imaginary or national borders aren't enough to protect the serb minority in kosovo who are/have been systematically ethnically cleansed for decades from their ancestral homeland. They need electrified fences 20 feet high to feel safe, not borders.

Serbia needs more Turk Janissaries like you to convince them to love their oppressors. LMAO.

Disgusting stuff.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
crimea has always been russian. commie khrushchev took crimea from russia, putin just brought it back. deal with it!

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
It would be dead the same second because your countrymen who have their heads screwed on right, and even the mindless diaspora know that serbs gave the albanians everything before slobo came to power. What did they get in return? Treason, violence and insurrection. You omit those facts.

Imaginary or national borders aren't enough to protect the serb minority in kosovo who are/have been systematically ethnically cleansed for decades from their ancestral homeland. They need electrified fences 20 feet high to feel safe, not borders.

Serbia needs more Turk Janissaries like you to convince them to love their oppressors. LMAO.

Disgusting stuff.
Maybe the mindless diaspora know some stuff but there are many things still unknown to them, I would recommend some further reading, but let's just say that everyone in the region has been both the oppressor and the oppressed at some points in history.

Who said anything about love? I prefer to keep such feelings for my family. We don't need love, just some normal respect here instead of still ruling hate and distrust.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts