Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
~* Princess Karolina *~
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys been playing amazing for months now. Im really enjoying watching his tennis

I think he will make WTF and do some damage there.

With Thiem out and Rublev slumping a little, I think Hubi will sneak in quite soon

·
Premium Member
29,796 Posts
Realistically, based on talent and consistency on faster courts/indoors, Hurkacz's level is just below Medvedev/Zverev/Tsitsipas.
If Thiem can't come back to a higher level so soon, and Nadal won't make a successful return to hardcourts, then Hurkacz may be soon Top 5-6 in 2nd quarter of next year. He needs better showings in HC slams though. He shouldn't lose to the Ymers and Seppis of the Tour.

·
justice for all
19,596 Posts
To reach TOP5 Hubert would need a good showing at ATP Finals and a deep run to at least QF-SF at AO (where he lost early this year). This isn't impossible but a very tough task.

Remember in January he defends Delray Beach and his ATP points will come off, then in in March he defends 1000 points for Miami. Then there's clay where he sucks (and I don't expect him to improve a lot) and then he defends Wimbledon SF.

I see him rather within the TOP8-TOP12 range next year. Would love to be proven wrong cause I like him. He's a good guy and his work ethic is top-notch.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
The guys been playing amazing for months now. Im really enjoying watching his tennis

I think he will make WTF and do some damage there.

With Thiem out and Rublev slumping a little, I think Hubi will sneak in quite soon
Does this mean he will defeat Dimitrov tomorrow?

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
Even though he bageled the ‘Grass King’ at WB & won an M1000, still too inconsistent & w/Thiem likely to return to form by AO, top 10 more realistic.

·
Premium Member
29,796 Posts
To reach TOP5 Hubert would need a good showing at ATP Finals and a deep run to at least QF-SF at AO (where he lost early this year). This isn't impossible but a very tough task.

Remember in January he defends Delray Beach and his ATP points will come off, then in in March he defends 1000 points for Miami. Then there's clay where he sucks (and I don't expect him to improve a lot) and then he defends Wimbledon SF.

I see him rather within the TOP8-TOP12 range next year. Would love to be proven wrong cause I like him. He's a good guy and his work ethic is top-notch.
He must perform much better at the hardcourt slams, I see no reason why he shouldn't. This year was poor outside of Wimbledon.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Not a bad shout. I was just thinking i basically fancy his chances against any player these days.

·
~* Princess Karolina *~
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I think he might peak just before Miami (not too much the defend between now and then) - maybe it could be rank 5 with some decent runs. ATP finals could give him a chunk of points

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I don’t see him losing to Dimitrov.
Let’s see if Dimitrov’s win over Med was not a fluke.
At first I wished I had your confidence, but in the end it was close match that could have gone either way, but did show Kurkacz winning was not certain. Pity.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
At first I wished I had your confidence, but in the end it was close match that could have gone either way, but did show Kurkacz winning was not certain. Pity.
Well, I admit I was too confident of him winning. The match against Med prob gave dimitrov huge confidence.

·
Registered
128 Posts
HH's form in Metz was somewhat subpar but his opponents played poorly and he was able to get wins, especially via tiebreaks. He is solid and moves well for a very tall guy but may have issues against more physical and agile players. Top 10 - most likely. Top 5 - not yet.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Top 5 for Hurkacz, in 6 months, is a bit of a stretch. Top 7 or Top 8 is a possibility, if he plays consistent.

Djokovic will not fall off Top 5, and so will not Medvedev, Zverev, and Tsitsipas. So, 4 spots are already taken, and he gets the 5th spot? If that is the case, he needs to outperform Rafa, Thiem, Rublev, Berrettini, and Ruud. And Australian Open is within 6 months, and Rafa does well there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts