Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
1. Wasnt aware you see a live view of my home and how much i watch lol. @a1canada how much do i watch?

2. The issue isnt how good he is on HC. Because he isnt that good. The issue is he is better than Quiroz on HC. Which is fact.
Roberto Quiroz was on fire though, played a lot better than his ranking suggested. Never i would have imagined Christian Garin to beat Ivo Karlovic with the same ease as the Ecuadorian did.

·
9,496 Posts
Roberto Quiroz was on fire though, played a lot better than his ranking suggested. Never i would have imagined Christian Garin to beat Ivo Karlovic with the same ease as the Ecuadorian did.
Agree. He did great.
Lets admit Karlovic didn show up though

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Definitely absolute cupcake.

Gifted final almost.

Probably weakest draw to a final ever.

But seriously trying to argue Quiroz is better on HC than Garin?

Lol.

Garin beat a pretty good Wawrinka on HC just last year.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
427 Posts
Crazy path to title but it's not his fault he got the players he did, it's beyond his control. He played amazing this week and hasn't dropped a set, just too good in this field.

Bit unlucky for Korda to catch an injury in 2nd set, but he chocked the 1st set from 3-1 up and was playing amazing the entire week, so credit to Hurkacz.

·
Super Moderator
12,293 Posts
Week 1 was pretty poor at times, but this was a pleasant result at Delray that we did not need to suffer thru pure Servebots late in the event, and some tennis to be played (y)

Lets be honest, no top players cared to play these events, and 2021 will begin in Australia or later :unsure:

·
justice for all
16,221 Posts
You may complain about Hubert's road to this title.

OTOH he received a cooking $31k for winning it. Wasn't probably enough to cover his expenses associated with this tournament.

Was it the lowest prize money for an ATP 250 ever?

·
Registered
801 Posts
You may complain about Hubert's road to this title.

OTOH he received a cooking $31k for winning it. Wasn't probably enough to cover his expenses associated with this tournament.

Was it the lowest prize money for an ATP 250 ever?
31K is more than enough to cover all costs considering Hurkacz is based in USA and the tournament provided hospitality.

And no, $31K is not the smallest paycheck. Winners of Melbourne-1 and Melboune-2 will get $19.5K each and the winners of last year's Cologne and Sardinia got €13.3K and poor Millman earned a meagre $13.4K for winning Nur-Sultan.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
I mean, it's not like this will be the only 250 where this happens under the current setup.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts