Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just surfed through ATP Rankings and my eyes caught the name at numero 100: Hugo Dellein.
Why? Because I almost never heard it before (and i'm know like of 90% of top-300).
Guy entered top-100 with zero matches at ATP-level tournaments and with like 5 matches at Qualies at 25. Is this some sort of record?

Even Estrella Burgos run wasn't this weird.

·
Registered
57,600 Posts
When players enter in this fashion, lots of them don't keep it up (Nedovyesov is the most recent one I can think of. Arevalo may be close to it though he's playing an ATP today). I've still never seen him play, I'll try to watch him vs Robredo.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
He saved a MP vs Kozlov in Sarasota, one of the most amazing MP saves I ever saw, hitting a sliding sprawling one hand slice up the line winner down MP then won the next two points. Even Kozlov hugged him after the match in awe of that save. Then Dellien won the title in Sarasota and is seems to have changed his career. He's also a good grass court player as he does like to serve and volley even on clay and he does it productively. What a fantastic match that was with Kozlov in April in Sarasota Challenger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts