Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He fought so hard. Rafa was throwing at him some of the heaviest topspins I've ever seen and Nishikori was flying and smashing them in the corners.

What a mental giant Kei is. Playing so well despite being exhausted and the crowd booing his every shot.

Bravo Nishikori, get well soon.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I'm sorry, but I disagree. Nishikori needs either to toughen up and learn to play through pain or find a new occupation. How many times has he retired or withdrawn already in his young career? I'm sorry that his body seem to be particularly fragile, but how many times is he going to be allowed to get deep into a tournament and then spoil the semifinals or finals because he can't compete to the end (or at all)?

·
Registered
863 Posts
No doubt a out it he deserved a better finish and I think would've won otherwise, although I admit thats a little foolish to say cuz Rafa is such a fighter and tennis is never over till its over!

One thing that annoyed me though was his box. I didn't understand why they didn't encourage him to retire earlier. It was obvious to the blind that he was too hampered to compete, hell- he could hardly walk let alone play tennis. There was zero reason for him to continue risking more injury so close to RG. After the first game of the 3rd i would stood up and told him to pull out. I respect the heart and intentions of Nishikori so i dont fault him but his box needs to be more responsible and have his best interest at heart.

·
28,461 Posts
Shocking results this week and really out of no where, he was only 32-24 in Masters 1000 events before this week. I love his ground strokes.

·
Registered
767 Posts
why huge respect ? for doing his job ? no, or a lot of players should have huge respect

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
its a shame he couldnt finish the match. but he did a great job here and in barcelona, indeed
congrats samurai

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Nishikori almost played like Davydenko for patches today. The better player to everyone with eyesight. Too bad he's so fragile.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Nishikori is a disgrace. A quitter. He has had that reputation before. He did not show up for the other match he had in the semis was it? Now retires without even finishing the match. The fact is ... the guy has all the talent in the world but is a quitter and more fragile than glass

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nishikori is a disgrace. A quitter. He has had that reputation before. He did not show up for the other match he had in the semis was it? Now retires without even finishing the match. The fact is ... the guy has all the talent in the world but is a quitter and more fragile than glass
Pathetic trolling attempt.

0/10

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Pathetic trolling attempt.

0/10
Don't BS me man. That is just a fact. Even the commentators were saying he had the reputation of a "quitter" just 2 days ago during his match with Ferrer. It's not trolling when it is true, and we have seen this before. I do not question his skills. He has them. But his choke job at AO against Rafa, not showing up for that semi match after beating Roger in the quarters, and then this ... It's B.S., and someone has to call him on it. Don't like it... I couldn't care less

1 - 13 of 13 Posts