Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His dad underwent mid December a heart operation and since then he was in a very weak state. Unfortunately he passed away yesterday at only 63.
I feel really bad for Delpo, the guy can't catch a break. He has been looking for more than 2 years to find solutions to handle his knee injury and still hope to play back one day. Last year in June, he declared that one of his motivations to come back was the fact that his parents had never seen him "live" in a GS tournament (they had only seen him in Argentina for the Davis Cup), Now, with this awful news for him and his Family, Delpo will have to dig even deeper if he wants to play again, Family has always been very important to him. Destiny is so cruel to him.
I wish him a lot of courage in these painful moments.

Murió el padre de Juan Martín del Potro - LA NACION

·
Registered
6,860 Posts
So sad, you cannot not feel for the man.
Find your strength gentle giant.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
He's been through so much in his young life. My condolences to J.M. and his family.

Reactions: PamShriver

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
i am sorry for his loss

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
This is very sad.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
My sincere condolences to DelPo and his family. How much more pain must this man go through?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Damn this is tough, losing a parent is just incredibly hard and you can only feel for him. Thoughts and hearts go to him and his family.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I feel for the man & his family.. Likely tough for everyone involved with all the tragedies (sister dying at 8 years of age, then grandfather in 2017, and now his father..) and Delpo perennially sidelined with injuries, none of which helps the spirits of anyone in his immediate circle..

Que tenga la fuerza a enfrentarte con esto y aguantar, Juan (probably f'ed it up with my mediocre Spanish, but the main thought should carry regardless)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts