Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Does anybody know what happens exactly? Factories blow up regularly in this region...

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
supposedly a container with flammables/explosives in the port exploded. There is info for 7 victims in the BBC link above, 400 injured from Yahoo, but these numbers are very early ones.

I hope it's been in a little populated area, coz this was a 21 tons of TNT equivalent explosion, made 2.9 earthquake...looked really, really bad.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
If there was a guy holding that first camera, I'm scared that he didn't survive the impact of that shockwave from the explosion. :scared:

That is very, very, very, scary. Hope that everyone affected by this explosion will make it out okay.

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
The Chinese govt. will probably lower the official death count, but that blast alone from so far away shows the intensity of the explosion.

These videos closer up are like something from a Terminator movie. Scary shit.

Weather satellite recording it from space.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
If there was a guy holding that first camera, I'm scared that he didn't survive the impact of that shockwave from the explosion. :scared:

That is very, very, very, scary. Hope that everyone affected by this explosion will make it out okay.
There is absolutely no way that person survived unless it was a T-800.

Look at the brick wall below the explosion.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts

According to people on twitter, the original video was taken from a smart phone using an app similar to Vine, so the video was uploaded online instantly. It is very unlikely that person survived.

·
Registered
9,845 Posts
According to people on twitter, the original video was taken from a smart phone using an app similar to Vine, so the video was uploaded online instantly. It is very unlikely that person survived.
I had a feeling this would be the case. RIP - terrible :sad: Given the magnitude of the explosions though I'm shocked many hundreds are not dead.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
I had a feeling this would be the case. RIP - terrible :sad: Given the magnitude of the explosions though I'm shocked many hundreds are not dead.
luckily it's been in an industrial area with not many people living, but still it has lready 44 deaths confirmed.

If the below wasn't a parking, but buildings...could have been even more terrible -

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,912 Posts
People saying Terminator movie - yeah that Terminator 2 scene with the nuclear explosion. But to see it that close on the videos is unreal and really the explosion rocketed in all dimensions. I somehow wonder how such a bad misjudgment occurred there.

·
Registered
893 Posts
A lot of people dead, very sad...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts