Mens Tennis Forums banner

?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after the week is over, I want to learn fellow MTF users' opinion on this new event we have within european clay season.

What would be your rate, (comparing with other 250s in the yearly calendar); about this event, matches, the crowd, stadium, surface, and so on.

Did you like it overall, could you follow it?

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't like that it was written that all tickets are sold out and there were empty spaces.
Yeah location problem. 2 hours from downtown. Some people couldn't come, or tried to sell and couldn't. This was the only&main problem, and will be.

·
Registered
13,865 Posts
I only watched one match, Federer's first one against Nieminen. He was terrible in it. Seems he stayed just as bad or got even worse over the rest of the tournament. Crowd seemed good, though.

So yeah, perhaps I'm not the best to comment. :lol:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
2. Just an opportunity for Vulterer to rack up points and titles.

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
So which one should be gone? :eek:
I am not going to single one out to go but I think 2 ATP events would be enough in this week. In normal circumstances very few of the top players want to play this week as it is followed by 2 mandatory events. 2 events would have decent fields but instead we have 3 events with weak fields.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
It would be nice if the venue had one more okay court other than the main stadium. Doesn't have to be spectacular, but at least okay. I saw some photos somewhere, and they looked dreadful. Even worse than Futures courts.

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
Fantastic entertainment for the crowds in Turkey with Fed playing 3 relatively close matches. Personally enjoyed this event and the statement Fed gave by winning it all. I'm pleasantly surprised that 75% of MTF were satisfied with the event (6/10 or better).

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Quality of play was terrible, but the tournament itself was just fine.
Hopefully it will improve with time, I wouldn't expect Roger to return though.

7/10 for a 250, 6/10 overall.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It would be nice if the venue had one more okay court other than the main stadium. Doesn't have to be spectacular, but at least okay. I saw some photos somewhere, and they looked dreadful. Even worse than Futures courts.
Agree that show court 1 and 2 should be better in next years. Construction continues there.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,322 Posts
Quite good drama actually as Roger got tested en route to the title, special mentions to Diego's titanic efforts throughout the week. Crowd was decent and bipartisan. Commentator :help:
Finals quality was quite poor actually (Cuevas looked injured?) but other than that, not bad a week. Much preferred this to Munich.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts