·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who won that point? I mean what happened in that match.
Damn, you dont know?

One of the most crucial wrong calls/no calls ever

I wanna give Nole the benefit of the doubt since he played so well and so well after the match, and wasnt completely out of the point. Although Stan had it on his racquet.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Who won that point? I mean what happened in that match.
Stanimal appeared on the tour, making his first GS SF that year and 9 SF + 4 QF in 17 slams thereafter.

Ball was incorrectly called out, Stan didn't challenge, Novak won the game and iirc, broke Stan in the next one to win the match.
It was breakpoint at 4:4, they have played another 14 games for 12:10.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am baffled how Molina so surely called that out.... even more than Nole faking by pointing towards something that isnt there

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even if Wawrinka challenged and happened to be in, the point would have been replayed so there is no garantee. Pointless discussion.
No guarantee, but a BP to serve for the match left to be played.

But its less about the challenge, more about the call, and some about Nole's reaction.

Does Nole have poor eye sight?

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
Even if Wawrinka challenged and happened to be in, the point would have been replayed so there is no garantee. Pointless discussion.
If the line call was correct in the first place he would have had a short forehand that was pretty much a put away. Also you have to love when players point at the mark like it was convincingly out when it was ridiculously close and impossible for them to be sure.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

How utterly doomed was Nole here?

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
[ame]https://youtu.be/sA6FG-TlfkE?t=14028[/ame]

Unofficial HE review

edit. No line call, it's a short high bouncing ball (semi-sitter) for Stan; overrule/challenge, it's replay, but it was also on 2nd serve; everyone being so sure is baffling, so is Stan not challenging outright (made one very close challenge in his favour in the previous game).

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GOATray would have 1 AO title if the correct call got made here :p
Interesting.

Probably so, yes.

It would have been too much to expect of Stan to win a title in his break-out run when making his first ever QF. Even the QF could have been a chance to bow, but I say we'd get a Murray - Stan/Berdy final.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Too much speculation, again its pointless. You assume Wawrinka wont hit the net or wide. The point would have been replayed regardless, after that its anyones guess.
you want it to be.

Djokovic getting out of that point alive is 1/10, the odds are in Stan's favor, thats all we need to know.

Does Nole have poor eye sight?

·
Registered
27,181 Posts

Too much speculation, again its pointless. You assume Wawrinka wont hit the net or wide. The point would have been replayed regardless, after that its anyones guess.
Just because you're tard of the player who benefited doesn't mean you can't acknowledge that if there was no out call and the point played out naturally Wawrinka would have had a 80-90% chance of breaking. When did I say there was no chance he would miss the forehand or that Djokovic wouldn't have made a miraculous passing shot? Doesn't change the fact that statistically speaking Wawrinka probably wins that point. That's also not to say that Djokovic wouldn't have broken back right after.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Baffling why the authorities prefer wrong calls over using hawk-eye standard on every point on courts where it is available.

The hawk-eye system "knows" virtually in real-time whether the ball is in or out, but is kept silent on purpose, just for the drama of letting players make challenges?

Players should not be asked to make calls. It's not their job.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts