Banned
2,160 Posts
At first

Then

At the end

Bonus:

First Murray's tards reaction

Second Murray's tards reaction specifically towards Wawrinka

Third Murray's tards reaction after realizing they could push the idea that Andy's 12 Masters vs Stan's 1 is way too big of a margin to give Wawrinka the overall nod of tennis superiority

Inb4 some guy

P.S. Love the thread tags.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Those tags for this thread. :worship: :spit: :lol: :haha:

Amazing and clinical effort for trolling. :bowdown:

·
Banned
902 Posts
I don't think that either one of them will ever get to #1 position. But if the scenario you're asking about happens - I would not want to miss the "discussions" on MTF on that topic.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
He would deserve it. He's won a slam every year since 2014 and doesn't fear anyone. When he's peak level it's breathtaking to watch. I'm happy to see him make life very difficult for Djokovic when they meet in the slams; it's always boring to see the same face winning every tournament. I think Stan is the only player who doesn't fear Djokovic (possibly Delpo but we can't go off one BO3 match). The only issue for Wawrinka is getting to the deep stages of big tournaments on a consistent basis. It's sort of the double-edged sword with Wawrinka and Murray. Stan's high risk/high reward tennis can blow any player off the court but the trade off is inconsistency. Murray is low risk/high margin tennis which gives him incredible consistency, the trade off is he is less likely to play aggressive and take chances in the big title matches.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Why would anyone be terribly surprised? Either one are basically a slam away from contention and they both have the FO and the AO coming up, both of which Stan has already won before. We are in a weak era coming off one of the strongest ever, and Murray/Stan would be number 1s in a less strong era.

I would be very impressed and happy for either if they made it to number 1, but I wouldn't say I was surprised.

We won't see a generation useless number one at least until Wimbledon of next year.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
If Nadal is healthy then neither of them will reach number one.

·
Premium Member
21,103 Posts
Why would anyone be terribly surprised? Either one are basically a slam away from contention and they both have the FO and the AO coming up, both of which Stan has already won before. We are in a weak era coming off one of the strongest ever, and Murray/Stan would be number 1s in a less strong era.
If we check the race, Wawrinka is 3000+ points behind Murray, and that's more than just one slam of difference. Not to mention that Stan is only few hundred points in front of Raonic, so taking into account everyone's age, Raonic has much better chance of passing Stan than Stan passing Murray.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I would just LOL because the only explanation for it would be karma badly affecting Murray. :D

·
Registered
8,769 Posts
Why should anyone be surprised if the better player reaches #1 before the other?? If it was the other way round, yes, I would be very surprised indeed.

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Raonic has much better chance of passing Stan than Stan passing Murray.
Raonic/Youzhny suggests that Milos peaked last year and is on the downswing of his career now.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I think people will be surprised if either player ever reaches #1.
It ain't gonna happen. Stan is simply not consistent enough ... I like his game but I don't think so. Murray has his own 'issues'. When Djokovic retires there will be some new kids.

·
-Oracle-
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tennis4Lyf;36548642[CODE said:
Those tags for this thread. :worship: :spit: :lol: :haha:

Amazing and clinical effort for trolling. :bowdown:
Mods removed them :'(.

·
-Oracle-
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If we check the race, Wawrinka is 3000+ points behind Murray, and that's more than just one slam of difference. Not to mention that Stan is only few hundred points in front of Raonic, so taking into account everyone's age, Raonic has much better chance of passing Stan than Stan passing Murray.
Raonic is still a mug in the big matches, he would fold under the pressure. For granted, he's more talented than the Scottish pusher but that doesn't say much.
I believe his mentality(and not his limited arsenal) will keep him away from winning big titles and reaching no. 1.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts