Mens Tennis Forums banner

Fed's result?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
He'll clear through. Federer on clay in at the current tour level(2019) is probably just within distance of top 10 level, because most of the clay court players lack consistency bar few. With Nadal's draw, he can clear through everyone, with Sinner and Schwartzman being tough 4 set match ups. Whether he has a chance in the final, is another question .

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
There's no way he would gave lost to anybody in Nadal's draw so far. He would have lost the finals 100% sure. No matter Djokovic or Tsitsipas

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think he'd have a pretty good shot at reaching the final. No one in the first four rounds would trouble him.
Obviously, the two tricky matches are against Sinner and Schwartzman. I'd say he has about a 50/50 chance of going through both.

But he'd most likely drop a a few sets, even if he makes it to the final.

·
Registered
20,727 Posts
The OP isn't specifying which 2019 Federer it is. Post-Wimbledon 2019 Federer was in horrible form.
He obviously thinks of the Federer in RG. That might have reached the final without major issues, but would have no chances vs Djoker to win.
Novak would make the battle more physical and he is a much more clutch server now, than he was back in 2011 in their semi.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Federer would 100% reach final. Schwartzman is probably the only one who would take a set off him.

I don't think he will get past Djokovic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts