Registered
6-4, 3-6, 7-5, 7-6 Thiem

Registered
Djokovic no contest...

Reactions: RocketMan70

Registered
Close, we don鈥榯 know.

Registered
I don't think it would have been that close... Novak was far fr his best, and he would have been completely gassed by the final after winning Cincy. He might have taken a set purely from Thiem choking.

Registered
I don't think it would have been that close... Novak was far fr his best, and he would have been completely gassed by the final after winning Cincy. He might have taken a set purely from Thiem choking.
Yes, i think Djokovic was on a slight downward curve, paying for his efforts at Cincy. Likely he would have faded away and the younger opponent would have won as we saw in the women final.

I think Thiem wins this in 4 or 5.

Registered
Thiem would give Djoko a run for his money: this could've been an epic (if Djokovic had reached the final, no guarantee there). At least the disqualification happened in R4 not later (so there were still 4 rivals to beat). If it had happened in the final it would have been absolutely devastating to me.

Registered
And the Aussie hunchback loser would tweet about it since he鈥檚 a 鈥榩rofessional tweeter鈥, not tennis player.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts