Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What time it will be in your location, what food/drinks will be on the table and whom are you going to watch with, this first of two blockbusters?

Lovely Friday night, innit?

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I really wish they were the other way around... I will start watching the 1st one and if i see it doesn't go as i want (PCB too tired to outpush Zverev) i will do something else. 2nd one i will watch with interest even if i have to go to bed at 3AM.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Can’t wait for the match to start. I have insomnia and this one should put me out by the third or fourth game.

May as well watch robots play for all the variation these guys produce.

·
Premium Member
12,053 Posts
Can’t wait for the match to start. I have insomnia and this one should put me out by the third or fourth game.

May as well watch robots play for all the variation these guys produce.
You better wake up for Thiem v. Medvedev!

I'm playing IRL tennis by the time matches start ,, so the hope is that Thiem and Medvedev will start a little later on!

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
You better wake up for Thiem v. Medvedev!
I probably won't be able to watch tennis for the whole night so this may be a good idea. Thiem-Meddy will probably start at 1 or 2 AM of CEST time so maybe I should go to sleep now and miss Zverev - CB. I considered drinking some beer when watching but I will doze off after it so better not.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
What time it will be in your location, what food/drinks will be on the table and whom are you going to watch with, this first of two blockbusters?

Lovely Friday night, innit?
Nice thread ne znam , I will watch it on my computer , enjoy my new wifi connection (how could I go years withou it, thanks Covid I guess), at the office/ appartment while on virtual meeting , having some coffee . Game starts 5pm , meeting at 6pm .

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Nice thread ne znam , I will watch it on my computer , enjoy my new wifi connection (how could I go years withou it, thanks Covid I guess), at the office/ appartment while on virtual meeting , having some coffee . Game starts 5pm , meeting at 6pm .
Gracias por la respuesta, hammett. I think our forum is great in the way how different environments and time zones we are coming from. Glad you sorted the wifi and have a much faster connection. Also good luck with the meeting, enjoy your coffee. 11PM for me, the first SF starts! So maybe I will also need a bit of coffee if I don't wanna fall asleep before Medvedev-Thiem.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I just want Busta Zverev to end asap,cause i don't wanna stay until morning...

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Gracias por la respuesta, hammett. I think our forum is great in the way how different environments and time zones we are coming from. Glad you sorted the wifi and enjoying fast internet. Also good luck with the meeting, enjoy your coffee. 11PM for me, the first SF! So maybe I will also need a bit of coffee if I don't wanna fall asleep before Medvedev-Thiem.
tt 's Friday Night so I guess staying late won't matter ! , even though let's pray PCB - Z don't push it for 5 hours. We already saw w/ Coric . No amount of beer will be enough , may end up passing out and miss the real deal MedveThiem clash.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I’ll have the matches open on one monitor, my lab report open on the other, and a bottle of vodka on my desk, just in case. Watching Zverev has that effect on me.

Reactions: 64794

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll be watching other shows and have scores open on computer. If it gets good, I'll tune in. (Getting good would be Busta leading 2-0, 2-1.)
I'll skip the other one. Too late for me and not a fan of either guy.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
I go to sleep at 9 and the match starts at 9.

I'll be a beneficiary of the MTF analysts tomorrow morning.

My predictions (normally wrong): Zverev and Thiem.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Where: at my home here in Portugal (starts at midnight here)
Whom am I going to watch with: alone, as no one shares the tennistardism with me
Food/drinks: a bag of cookies and the salty tears of Djokotards

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Been sick on the week, getting better now, watching this in bed, iphone, Amazon Prime Eurosport, ear plugs in.

Probably texting with IBM throughout

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
17,840 Posts
The first semifinal will be at 2 PM in my time zone, like I'm working from home. I will multitask a little bit.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
Reactions: ExpectedWinner

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I hope the established top 10 player with 3 masters and WTF titles(and younger with more potential) wins, I dislike WTA situations when a random player makes a final or wins the title, but who ever displays the better tennis deserves to win.

Reactions: 64794

·
Moderator | PreviewBot
12,990 Posts
9pm start for me so decent time. Prob get to sleep by 3.30am. Up for work then at 7.30am.

Zverev and Thiem will win

1 - 20 of 39 Posts